Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Desired idle not saving on all 3 charts

Post by antus »

Wow, learn something new every day :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Oh, and I forgot to mention, this touchiness/oscillation is only an issue on engines than make a shit ton of torque at or close to idle. Once you have a bigger cam, low speed drivability actually improves with RDSC turned off as they inherently make less torque at idle and low rpm range and having RDSC off regains a bit of response which makes them drive pretty good at idle and low rpm.

My hotted up VP v6 with 109 ish LSA and retarded cam drives better than my tuned stock engines at slow speeds despite having a rough and somewhat fluctuation idle. The stock engines are super touchy at idle, but that makes them launch from a walking pace like a catapult :lol: Enough to have dented the floor with the tailshaft uni/diff flange recently lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jessejames09
cars: 1972 valiant coupe 360ci
1993 ln130 hilux with 3.8 v6 holden motor transplant.

Post by jessejames09 »

Haa ha !...yep everybody loves a good launch ,so long as the drive shaft universals hang together,scary as f when the let go ,I've had it happen in my Aussie Mopar. The 360 just ate the standard size ,had to get driveshaft mods going to bigger yolk and uni joints...it wasn't cheap.
You guys are a wealth of information and knowledge, thank you for those little tips that will certainly help my situation. I did a low kpa tune in two different idle rpms, one at 650 ,and the other just barely running at 500. I cranked the timing as much as the vacuum would allow, and hit the right AFRs on both as well,which has certainly tamed most of it down,and not stalling anymore . Just a 150 rpm dip ,that will spend more time on . I notice power steering decay rate but no power steering iac increase steps ? Can I use the A/C on stepper instead ?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Had a closer look at 12P, there is no settings for closed loop idle spark other than the idle advance vs kpa table. So how ever it's controlling spark I'm not sure, unless it's called something completely different? Couldn't even find a setting to when it knows to enter closed loop idle.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

I'm only running the wide band 02 with the old narrow band disconnected, and flagged. I've also set the forced open loop , using the idle AFR tables and idle spark table when closed throttle . I hit the throttle and it goes into open loop,then as soon as the throttle is closed it changes back ,but seems to still work OK.
Other than the 150rpm fluctuation after throttle blip or powersteering . Putting the narrow band o2 back in might give me more options I guess,but I'm happy with it at present.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I noticed tonight on the tuner pro website that the latest release (February 2023) has a fix for some changes not uploaded when in emulation. Might be worth a look for some people.
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

Thank you Dylan, I up dated to the latest version last week thinking that it was a software glitch . I wasn't clicking on another rpm table/cell after changing the one in question, which fixed the issue I was having. If I just changed the table and left the cursor hovering over it ,it wouldn't commit the change . Had me stumped for a bit .
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That issue has existed for as long as I have been using TP, 12 years!