Desired idle not saving on all 3 charts

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
jessejames09
cars: 1972 valiant coupe 360ci
1993 ln130 hilux with 3.8 v6 holden motor transplant.

Desired idle not saving on all 3 charts

Post by jessejames09 »

I'm trying to set the desired idle to 850 rpm to achieve more manifold vacuum at idle ,running a big cam ,and to get my Heavier Hilux surf off the mark without riding the clutch so much. So I have set all three iac tables to 850 rpm into replace the 700rpm at those voltage values. Problem is,it only adjusts permanently in one section of one chart,and it doesn't change my desired idle on dashboard. I have adjusted throttle body screw so the IAC has 20 steps at 700rpm ,and disconnected battery to reset IAC,and I've blipped throttle over 2000 rpm after changing each area of the table .
Nothing seems to working. Tuning in open loop as I have no narrow band o2 ,does this prevent the idle rpm change from happening ?
Attachments
20230413_192646.jpg
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Desired idle not saving on all 3 charts

Post by vlad01 »

Are you tabbing after you enter the value? And obviously clicking the save icon in these table windows after doing so?

Don't forget that you need to click upload bin to actually send it to the ECU. Just saving the tables alone won't do anything to the ECU.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

I'm working off the bin downloaded from the emulator to tunerpro,and yes clicking the upload or save tab in the top left corner after making changes,while emulating. Everything else seems to work fine, got one table at 850 rpm ,cannot change the others . I change the rpm ,close the tabs after hitting save or upload while emulating ,notice the desired rpm doesn't change after 2000 rmp blip,then re open the tab and see that the 700 rpm is still there . If I'm working from the down loaded from emulator bin ,do I have to upload the whole bin using the two blue arrow buttons ? I was under the understanding I could work with emulator for real-time changes . Steep learning curve for this old bugger,slowly getting my head around things .
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't normally use the emulator unless doing spark on the dyno. I do recall the emulation doesn't work with everything but like I said, it's been ages since I used that mode. I feel like anything that the live tracer didn't work, neither did the emulation.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im not sure what you mean emulation. Emulation is a tunerpro concept from the old days when you have a chip emulator device plugged in to your ecm. In our case, with the nvrams, tunerpro thinks the chip is being emulated, but in reality the changes are saved to the real chip on the ecm. So yes in tunerpro terminology you are emulating. In the real work, you are realtime tuning. The result is the same.

Have you looked at the guides in the FAQ area, green button up in the top right? Have a read of the basic tuning guide and see if it clears things up. It sounds like you might be saving changes to the PC, but not to the ECM.

If you dont have the emulate button pressed, you save to tunerpro only. If you do have the emulate button pressed it will send the change to the pcm instead of showing the disk icon, and it'll beep twice and flash green down the bottom (or red if its not in RW mode and the save to ecm fails).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

Sounds like I am doing everything correct ,changes made while emulating ,connected to the ecm.
It bleeps and says cannot save log,then uploads in the green bar with complete success. I've changed afrs,done some VE tuning,some idle timing changes to 26 btc,all seems to work perfectly....just not the iac charts in those areas . I even tried reformatting the NV ram,re loading the 12p BLCD stacked bin back on to it to see if it made a difference. Am I missing something else that conflicts with the iac change ? One table changed to 850rpm as shown in pic ,just the others not saving . Thank you for patience and time ,I will try uploading the bin from tunerpro instead of making each real-time change while emulating. This won't corrupt the ram I hope ? Downloaded OSE 12P BLCD _stacked from emulator/ecu , change IAC idle rpm and then upload same bin again ?
Last edited by jessejames09 on Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Have you tried restating the engine? Maybe it's doesn't take effect for some reason. Worth a try.
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

I've started the motor several times since trying to make the adjustments, I might try after setting each table individually....it might just work....
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

is this 12p with an nvram? you should be able to do it while its running and see and hear the changes.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
jessejames09

Post by jessejames09 »

Yes using 12p tuner pro rt v5 . Everything else works fine ,even iac adjustment steps for electric fans ,or adjusting throttle body to get correct steps at 700 rpm. This has got me baffled,I've tried reinstalling software at both ends ,up dated tp v5 to latest version ,reloaded ose 180 ,checked windows for bugs ,got rid of anti-virus programs.,checked drivers etc ..I'm at a wits end . Idles lovely at 700 rpm ,I just want a bit more kpa to cope with the duration of cam. When I ran the narrow band 02 ,I had no problem changing the idle . Ive got the wide band in correct ecu pins ,not bludging earth from any iac circuit or anything like that either . Man I've spent some time trying to figure this one out.