lsdroid doesn't identify po4 where's the serial number at?

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

lsdroid doesn't identify po4 where's the serial number at?

Post by DethRattles »

It identifies the osid, but not the vin or serial number. I have the vin but not the serial number. Where do i find it?
zack4200
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Re: lsdroid doesn't identify po4 where's the serial number a

Post by zack4200 »

PCM Hammer will identify the serial number for the p04.

I thought LS Droid does a screen that will provide the vin and various other numbers but I can't recall where. I can try looking a little later if you still need it
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

it wont let me type in the serial number
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Keep in mind that the serial number is in the binary, so depending on how a binary is written affects the serial number.

I don't know exactly where it is in a P04 yet, have not looked, however in the P01/P59 the Serial Number is bytes 8-23 (zero index) of the Parameter Section.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

Gampy wrote:Keep in mind that the serial number is in the binary, so depending on how a binary is written affects the serial number.

I don't know exactly where it is in a P04 yet, have not looked, however in the P01/P59 the Serial Number is bytes 8-23 (zero index) of the Parameter Section.

-Enjoy
I'm glad pcmhammer found it, I guess their working on my pcm numbers now to get them in the system. It still won't let me write it though in the advanced pcm section.
zack4200
cars: 1982 Chevy Chevette 3400 LA1 swapped
1986 Chevy Chevette
1998 Chevy s10

Post by zack4200 »

LS Droid shows the serial number, VIN, and OS number when you click 'Read/Write PCM' from the Home page/ News screen.

With the exception of changing the VIN, I'm pretty sure the Advanced PCM Details screen is just for viewing information about your PCM, not changing anything. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish honestly
Attachments
Ls_Droid_For_Windows_kJVLGVP1XY.png
Ls_Droid_For_Windows_kJVLGVP1XY.png (135.2 KiB) Viewed 3784 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Serial number isnt used for anything, anyway. Its only for internal tracking at GM. Both tools are getting it from the API which the operating system provides when the bin is running on the pcm. Neither tool knows where it is in the bin and it'll be different depending on which osid and if it has a param block or not.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

zack4200 wrote:LS Droid shows the serial number, VIN, and OS number when you click 'Read/Write PCM' from the Home page/ News screen.

With the exception of changing the VIN, I'm pretty sure the Advanced PCM Details screen is just for viewing information about your PCM, not changing anything. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish honestly
LSDROID is saying that it doesn't know my pcm. I contacted them on facebook and they said their working on it. I tried in advanced to add the serial number but it wouldn't let me,,,it let me do the vin number only. So i'm waiting. I thought i could add the serial number because there's a blinking asterisk but i cannot.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The OSID is what it needs to be added to its database. Just like you got it added to Tiny Tuner, and the Tiny Tuner author took your bin and lined it up and got a match with information he already had for tuneing, so it became a case of just adding it to the list. You got real lucky on that. Then Universal Patcher updated to the newest Tiny Tuner data base so that gained support too. PCMHammer has a list of OSIDs to hardware information too. You can see the PCMHammer list https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... PcmInfo.cs . All the apps have to have a way to do this to they know what type of device they are talking to and can speak the same language, or tune the right data.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

antus wrote:The OSID is what it needs to be added to its database. Just like you got it added to Tiny Tuner, and the Tiny Tuner author took your bin and lined it up and got a match with information he already had for tuneing, so it became a case of just adding it to the list. You got real lucky on that. Then Universal Patcher updated to the newest Tiny Tuner data base so that gained support too. PCMHammer has a list of OSIDs to hardware information too. You can see the PCMHammer list https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... PcmInfo.cs . All the apps have to have a way to do this to they know what type of device they are talking to and can speak the same language, or tune the right data.
Last night lsdroid added my osid to the database and i was able to do a successful read. I can't write to it yet until they check out my read bin to be happy with it. I found the tablles the same number 558 and there's no differences between the comparable bins. So hopefully i can do a write on it today once they get back to me. And i did luck out with Eddie, he's a great guy and universal patcher people who updated it.