OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Gatecrasher

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Gatecrasher »

I've got an old EEC-V ECM I bought as a spare for the SVT Focus I owned quite a few years ago. If anyone wants it, you can have it. I'll even pay for shipping to contribute to the cause.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

antus wrote:My local wrecker had an all you can carry day for $50. This was a few years ago, they had a few isles of VN/VP/N13 still and myself and a mate just went down the isles and collected about 10 or 15 ecus each. They were really confused when we left, they were expecting people to grab big mechanical stuff, but they still honored the deal. They chatted for a while, we told them about the forums, 12P code, and they seemed keen to get in to efi conversions themselves but they've never done that deal again. My lifetime supply of 808s still stands :) This was a bulk/cheap wrecker, the type that dont put V8s or modern enough cars in that yard so its not like we missed the P01/P59s.. none to be had.
Ours does the same, though for $75.
Once filled 2 buckets with PCMs and such and grabbed a hitch receiver for my Venture.
THOSE things typically run $100 USED.

Mike
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Shoot, you guys are lucky. Out here in California our local yards wayyyyy overprice stuff.

Tazzi,
I just picked up one of these AVT-716 that does VPW and PWM, more toys :lol:
Attachments
716.gif
716.gif (122.57 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:Shoot, you guys are lucky. Out here in California our local yards wayyyyy overprice stuff.

Tazzi,
I just picked up one of these AVT-716 that does VPW and PWM, more toys :lol:
I forget that the AVT dev has made alot of devices over the years. It literally looks like one of the EECV ECUs or old Holden VT ecus opened up. :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

If that's what I get, it sure is pretty, lol. Looking forward to testing it with the Y cable and his logger :)
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Tazzi wrote:
In-Tech wrote:let me know if I can help :thumbup:
Already done more than enough! Have saved me probably a couple weeks of reverse engineering
My AVT-716 showed today. Sadly, I may not be able to play right away. If I can get it working, let me know if there is anything you would like me to try.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It looks like an early AVT prototype, it might need its own thread though so we stop polluting Tazzi's OBDX Pro thread.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

antus wrote:It looks like an early AVT prototype, it might need its own thread though so we stop polluting Tazzi's OBDX Pro thread.
Agreed, I will start a different thread for the AVT-716 when I get to do some testing :thumbup:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

I know theres been ALOT of developers waiting on this, I apologize for the delay!
Finally have completed the first initial release of a very basic windows C# example using the OBDX Pro Scantool!
Link to github page: https://github.com/OBDXPro/OBDX-Templates

This examples does the following:
1) Scans for all tools connected
2) Connects to scantool
3) Connects to selected protocol (Canbus)
4) Sets a filter (0x7E8)
5) Writes a CAN network message (0x7E0 01 00)
6) Reads response message

The above is more tailored towards a GM vehicle or ECU that responds to a message with ID 7E0.
I will be doing more examples for different protocols, vehicle setups and other capabilities of the available scantools.

The examples uses our OBDX Windows library which is basically all of the OBDX Pro commands in a tidy package that allows easy use of its available commands. All the low level communication via serial is handled within the library, and only the OBDX functions are exposed for devs to use.
My aim here is to have an extremely easy starting point for developers so they can begin creating applications without having to worry about the complexity of processing the low level DVI command structure.

Next up is releasing our OBDX MAUI C# example which will work on both Android and iOS (more to come about this).

The OBDX Windows/Maui libraries are being hosted as a NuGet.
This allows them to be updated separately to someones actual project, and allows OBDX to make updates without requiring a full redownload of an example project :thumbup:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Template release for MAUI template example should be up by end of day. I am just finishing off some minor touches before doing the initial release.

This initial release ONLY supports connecting with an Android via classic bluetooth.
The next release will allow connecting by BLE on iOS, and also adding direct USB cable connection for Androids.

For iOS, the end goal will be connection by Wifi since it is much faster.
For me personally any code I compile off any windows machine using MAUI does not seem to allow opening the socket connection over wifi. I have now had two developers indicate they are able to connect to the WIFI and open a socket connection to an OBDX tool using the same template code I use. This then makes me wonder if the issue is directly related to the iOS version I am targeting, or just my compiler which is causing the problem.

I know it is not my phone, since if I create a iOS application using a MAC, I am able to open a connection easily to send/receive data. Anyways, this is on the todo list so that iOS has a couple options for proceeding.