TP5 Log save fail

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag

TP5 Log save fail

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure why my log’s won’t save to designated folder I want?
I have tp 5 set-up not in c:/program files, but just C:/TunerPro RT & then I want to save my log’s to D:/tunerpro/logs but it always redirects to D:/tunerpro/adx & ads’s so I change it to save in d:/tunerpro/logs & it says it can’t save there & will be saved in the temp folder which is; C:\Users\Custom Tuning\Documents\TunerPro Files & saves as temp.xdl I then have to fish it out of there & save in my logs folder & re-name it EVRYTIME. It say’s cannot overwrite, but there is no file with the same name in the folder I’m saving it to.

As the wording for tp5 when it fails will be critical here’s screen shots of exactly what is say’s.

Is there any way to make it save to a separate file than the adx folder(or folder the adx’s are loaded from)? & are I doing something wrong to not allow it to save the log in any directory I want, maybe I have to install the tp5 in C:/program files?
Attachments
log save.jpg
log save.jpg (182.34 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Holden202T

Re: TP5 Log save fail

Post by Holden202T »

as far as i am aware everyone has this issue, its not your machine or install folder.

i haven't been able to work it out, but it also only happens randomly.

if you haven't already got the latest TP5 try that..... if it still does it then i'd be posting this thread on the tunerpro forum.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

COOL< Thanks heaps just signed up in tunerpro forum & posted as it is the latest version, but it's been happening for the last 4 version's i've used on the computer so maybe it's the way I've set it up!

But if anyone has the same issue as mine happens every single time without fail, I will post up if I get it sorted!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i think my issue has been in the last few versions too
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I had similar issues a while back, and only on 1 computer, can't remember exactly what fixed it, but it was either an antivirus issue or windows not allowing TP5 access to the directory it was trying to save to.
I'm pretty sure it was a windows thing, even though the directory it was trying to save to was in "My Documents", can't remeber OS of laptop, but think it was Windows 7.

yoda69
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Post by benk »

Yes I have been having the same problem but only for the first log that I save for that session after that it saves ok
(running Vista)