programs and links to them

Programs / Tools / Scripts
vtdevl
cars: i drive a vt commodore with and ecotec
misses has a vr 5l
dad n i buildin a hr ute with vr v6 motor loom diff brakes ect

programs and links to them

Post by vtdevl »

hi all im new here i got a vt v6 and my dads got a hr with vr v6 conversion and misses has a vr 5 ltr ......( yes i know i know funny aye misses kicks my arse lol)...
any way i bought a aldl cable off michelgw off ebay and cant get it working with turner pro /rt or obd spy or obd scanner im wondering if anyone can list as many as they know of programs and links and also help me as i got drivers on there and it says can not fin interface but gets ports ok
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: programs and links to them

Post by antus »

What type of aldl cable is it? Can you provide a link to ebay? We'll confirm if you have the right one or not. You'll need tunerpro 5 from tunerpro.net and the right adx files from here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29

The adx files tell tunerpro how to get data from the car and how to to interpret it. There are different files of differing quality around so have a play around and see which one works best for you. Aquisition -> load definition file -> pick the right adx file for the car your trying to log.

Also note that commodores VN->VY (with the exception of ls1) talk at 8192 baud, which is a non-standard speed. Most of the 'prolific' chipset usb->serial adaptors (the most common type) cant do 8192 and will give you grief. FTDI chipset ones are what you need.

obd spy looks like obd2 so thats no good and i cant find any info on obd scanner. Most of those generic tools wont work with commodores, with a couple of exceptions I wont go in to.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vtdevl
cars: i drive a vt commodore with and ecotec
misses has a vr 5l
dad n i buildin a hr ute with vr v6 motor loom diff brakes ect

Post by vtdevl »

antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

That looks about right. Does it work with the efilive that it shipped with? Does it show up as a com port? EFI live should link with the right settings, and tunerpro 5 should also be able to log it with the right adx loaded and the right com port settings.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Post by stevedarman »

Is the aldl cable for VR the same as For VY 6cyl as a post i read had different pinouts
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah should be the same pinouts in terms of data connection.