Tech-2 flash cards

Programs / Tools / Scripts
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Tech-2 flash cards

Post by festy »

Does anyone know what linear flash card type is needed for a tech 2?
It doesn't recognise a class D card, I have a feeling it might only work with intel class 2 or 2+ cards?

I'm after a 10mb card if anyone has a spare...
The1

Re: Tech-2 flash cards

Post by The1 »

from what ive been told in the past different tech2's take different cards depending on brand, like you can't use an OTC in a Bosch Tech2.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

This is a Vetronix Tech-2... I think. I only played with it for a couple of minutes on the weekend - it's my brother's new toy, and for some reason he wouldn't let me open it up to see what makes it tick :mrgreen:
The image was written to the card via a PCI pc card adapter, not uploaded via TIS2000.
The flash verifies correctly against the image, but the Tech-2 doesn't recognise the card.

The original 32Mb card that came with it works fine, and the PC reports it as a Intel type II/II+ (i.e. 28sf040 flash chips) - so I think the issue might be that the 16mb card is an AMD type C/D (29sf040 chips) - or it could be something to do with the card capabillity block (or lack of), but I'm not really up to speed on the inner workings of different pc card types so really not sure :wtf:

A bit of googling hinted that an AMD card should still work, but the Tech-2 can't write to it (write voltage incompatabillity between 28 and 29 series flash?) so dumps won't work and neither will TIS uploads, but writing with a pc card adapter should do the trick... but it didn't.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Frm memory they need to b a special type of card that's used with industrial equipment and not using an AMD chip as you mentioned. Can't remember what the type was called tho. If you google tech ii flash card there's an online supplier selling all kinds of flash cards and one of them was stated to work with the tech ii
beerman
cars: 1997 Camaro

2004 FLHRCI

2006 GTO

Post by beerman »

You need a linear card, with an Intel series II+ chipset, 5V/12V .