wideband O2 sensor & tunerpro V5

Programs / Tools / Scripts
v6psi gem
cars: turbo v6 gemini & v6 sierra

Re: wideband O2 sensor & tunerpro V5

Post by v6psi gem »

Hey quick question on ve table adjusting, just done a short squirt at the drags seemed to run ok a/f wise leaned to 13 quickly with wheel spin, then tried to adjust ve table through excel spreadsheet and it tellin me to put numbers in up to rediculous values like 646.88 wtf lol
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

somethings not right there, post up your excel spreadsheet with the info in it from the logs and i'll take a look for you also post your cal/bin file.
v6psi gem
cars: turbo v6 gemini & v6 sierra

Post by v6psi gem »

yeah think i was a bit tired and rushed, had another go again seem to work better this time lol. cheers for helpin tho, shame i didn't get a run at the track yesterday :rant:
m90psi

Post by m90psi »

Hi guys,

Im new and have searched around a lot and chasing some more information. This seemed the topic most on point sorry for the thread dig.

Looking to replace both my vs ecotech v6 narrow band sensors with wide band. Whats involved to get it running?

Looking at using this with tuner pro setup eventually

Has anyone got this to work successfully. Guide for idiots would be helpful :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you will need to setup the widebands analog outputs to simulate a normal narrowband, then simply wire each one into the computer where the narrowband would normally connect.
m90psi

Post by m90psi »

Thankyou mate really appreciate the help.

What I was trying to do was used wide band sensors without simulating arrow band. Is this possible?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you can but then the computer will not have the correct signal so will never do all the functions it relies on the narrowband for, ie. closed loop fuelling.

generally if you want to connect a wideband for tuning you put it in place of the narrow band and then remove it once finished, or add a second bung in the exhaust so you can have both in there, so the computer stays happy and you have the wideband as well.

having said that, most widebands have the function to simulate a narrowband so it should be able to do it .... and it still works as a wideband for tuning it just also outputs another signal that the computer can use for its narrowband operation.
m90psi

Post by m90psi »

Thanks again for the detailed information..

Great forum by the way guys