wideband O2 sensor & tunerpro V5

Programs / Tools / Scripts
v6psi gem
cars: turbo v6 gemini & v6 sierra

wideband O2 sensor & tunerpro V5

Post by v6psi gem »

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if i need a wideband sensor kit or whether just the wideband sensor to replace the narrow band sensor?? some info on wiring it to an 808 would b helpful to cheers..
The1

Re: wideband O2 sensor & tunerpro V5

Post by The1 »

wideband kit will have a linear output for linking to the ecu/pcm, some pcm's will need a modded bin depending on the input your wiring it to, wideband will not run on the ecu/pcm narrowband input.
v6psi gem

Post by v6psi gem »

The1 wrote:wideband kit will have a linear output for linking to the ecu/pcm, some pcm's will need a modded bin depending on the input your wiring it to, wideband will not run on the ecu/pcm narrowband input.

cheers the bin is suited to wideband & narrowband was mainly wondering if the wideband kit was needed or just the sensor as i'm not worried about having a gauge in car just wanting it to show on laptop
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You will need the controller, the wideband sensor works differently to a narrow band sensor.
v6psi gem

Post by v6psi gem »

VL400 wrote:You will need the controller, the wideband sensor works differently to a narrow band sensor.

K, Cheers 4 that. That's all i need to know for now :driving:
v6psi gem

Post by v6psi gem »

Hey quick question, could some one tell me wat wire on the ecu i need to hook the wideband sensor to? ose $12pv111_2bar adx, ose $12pv111 1,2&3bar xdf in a 808 ecu
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

D8 is the wideband linear input pin
v6psi gem

Post by v6psi gem »

The1 wrote:wideband kit will have a linear output for linking to the ecu/pcm, some pcm's will need a modded bin depending on the input your wiring it to, wideband will not run on the ecu/pcm narrowband input.

yeah am using OSE $12v111 BLCD which is compatible for wide and narrow band.. just need to know wat wire on the ecu to use.. Do i use a different wire and use them both simultaneously or do i use the original wire & disable narrow band & enable wide band on the bin..
The1

Post by The1 »

As above, narrowband remains to control closed loop, think of wideband as your viewer of your AFRs nothing else, its to help guide you with fuel tuning.
v6psi gem

Post by v6psi gem »

Thanx Heaps peep's.. will hook that up & check it out :driving: :driving: