What do I need to buy to tune my worked VN 5L?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
jon
cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS

Re: What do I need to buy to tune my worked VN 5L?

Post by jon »

Thanks for that. I will feel alot safer giving it full noise and knowing the danger limit.
Jon
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

Getting really weird wideband a/f readings. Just spent about an hour copying the VE table from the bin I found on this site "284crane standard injectors" to my $12p standard tune. The bin I copied it from was the older version so I had to add a few values to smooth out the 3d graph. The only difference was the Run A/F param - Displacement/inj flow rate was 0.14 and my standard tune was 0.1466. I thought this was close enough so I left it alone.
The problem happened when I started the engine all seemed ok with the wideband very close to the target A/F. Then after about 20 seconds of the engine running the wideband climbed quickly to 18 before I turned the engine off. I re-started the engine and the same thing so I pasted the standard tune back into the ve table and the wideband was spot on until the engine got to about 70 deg then started to richen up like it normally does to about 13:1 with the target being 14.1:1
The weird readings I am getting on my standard tune is the wideband normally starts off at about 12.5 and once warmed up sits on 13 at idle. After changing the VE table to the 284 bin I found then going back to my standard VE Table the wideband started at 14.3 and once warmed up it sat on 13? The only thing I have changed is the idle stop screw on the throttle body. I found the last time I played with the tune the IAC once the engine was warmed up was only showing 3 so I closed the throttlebody so now I have a reading of 40 once warmed up. Could this be the reason the wideband readings are behaving differently?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

you havent accidentally pasted the ve table in backwards ive done that before and had wierd stuff going on
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

It was the right way because the last few fields are just filled with 50 after a certain RPM as the engine would never get that high and they are in the right spot.