Connecting tunepro rt to ecu

Programs / Tools / Scripts
jon
cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS

Re: Connecting tunepro rt to ecu

Post by jon »

I checked those and one was .05 off and the other was .01 off. changed the values and still not right. Going to check the earth for the mtx
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

I set the values exactly the same as the default setting for the gauge and still not right. Checked the earth and that was perfect. Gunna see if one of my old laptops has a serial connecter so I can double check the mtx programed defaults. Cant work it out :x
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

No luck on the laptop :( I could see any reason why the defaults would be different in the gauge. I am at a loss. Any ideas???
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Have you checked the settings in the adx match your wideband?
yoda69
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

Is that the same as VE LEARN PARAMS for wideband 0-5v? If so yes.
Jon
The1

Post by The1 »

seems innovate have done something to there kits recently, i have had 2 people with MTXL's in the last few weeks where there was differences of 1 or 2 AFR between the gauge and datalogs, found that earthing the mtxl to the pcm/ecu case on one of the hex screws fixed the issues, must be circuit changes perhaps in the latest revisions with how it compairs to earth and feedbacks 0-5v. This is also stated in some of the doco's now that it should be earthed to the item where the 0-5v output is connected to.
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

Ok. I will give that a try. I did notice that the case had about 200mv voltage drop from the body earth with the ignition on and engine off. Should I keep the body earth and also earth the case to the MTX-L? or just use the case as an earth?
Jon
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

Ok, I think I have solved the issue. Connected the earth from the MTX to the case of the ecu and instead of the readings being 1-1.5 out they are only .2-.3 out. All I did after that was bring down the 5v setting from 22.40 - 22.00 and now the gauge and tunepro are reading the same :)
Thanks for the help!