Connecting tunepro rt to ecu

Programs / Tools / Scripts
jon
cars: VN calais 5L
VX SS

Connecting tunepro rt to ecu

Post by jon »

I am new to this site and have run into problems with linking the laptop to the ecu. I have installed the NVRAM and the usb coms board into the ecu and loaded tunepro rt on the laptop. plugged in the usb cable and loaded the drivers ok. opened up tunepro rt and setup up the comms port to match the device setting and tested it with no problems. Found out pretty quick that I needed an XDF file to get things started so I found the OSE_12P v111 on the forum and tried using the 1 bar petrol file and it says there is errors and the dash board is all over the place. The NVRAM came programmed with 12P using the standard BLCF V8 calibration. The engine runs but is very rough at idle and stalls. I tried a few other XDF files in the v111 download and the same, all the data is all over the place, eg engine rpm is 1470rpm then jumps to 8000rpm at idle. every gauge on the dash board is jumping around, even the tps while not touching the pedal. I can only assume I have the wrong XDF but have no idea what one I should be using. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jon
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Connecting tunepro rt to ecu

Post by antus »

xdf files are for editing the tune in the bins. adx files are for data aquisition. it sounds like you have the wrong echo settings.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Did the PDF doco I sent a week or so back help to setup the plugin and TunerPro? Its an updated version that will be posted in the plugin thread but was hoping to get some feedback from a user thats doing the initial setup for the first time.
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

I need help! It's been a couple of weeks since I have connected the laptop to the ecu as I was waiting for a few parts to arrive and then install them.
I installed the MTX-L and connected the annalog output to pin D8
I installed a knock sensor and connected that to B11
Soldered the knock filter to the NVRAM and plugged in my old memcal
Put everything back together and now I cant get the dashboard to work in TP
I can use the flash program and download the bin off the ecu and can also download it in TP but the dashboard is dead.
When I test the port in TP it tells me the port is not connected??
I am lost. Am I missing something? It used to work with no problems before I added all the extras.
Only thing I can think of is I knocked one of the wires from the usb comms board but if that was the case I wouldnt be able to use the flash program to download the bin?
Any help would be great
Jon
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

With the the flashtool connecting and you can get the bin, the ECU and interface is working and its likely just a TP config issue. Firstly check the settings in TP are correct (com port number and echo is set). Is TP still set to use the plugin? There is also a V1.31 plugin now to solve an issue with 12P. Try and see if you can ID ID the ECU in TP, might be able to then determine if it is just an ADX issue.
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

All of a sudden it started to work. I played around with the settings in TP and it came to life. A little strange as nothing was changed in the setting since the last time I played. I will download the new version of the plugin now. Does that address the problem we found?
I also recorded the log on a cold startup and will upload it for anyone that wants to have a look. Since then I have changed the desired RPM in neutral or park to 875 and it is not hunting no where near as bad. Had to call it a night as the car is a little loud.
Attachments
OSE12P V111 - 1,2 and 3 bar.xdf
Not sure if you need this for log playback
(337.98 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx
Not sure if you need this for log playback
(78.83 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
second main bin.log
My bin, stock 5L $12p
(497 Bytes) Downloaded 303 times
cold start.xdl
recording
(113.77 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

Also a note. The wideband sensor reading is not right. The gauge in the car is saying about 12.5 but the TP data shows 13.7 Something I will have a look at in the morning
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

theres scalars in tunerpro for configuring the 0v and 5v readings to match the wideband.
jon
VX SS

Post by jon »

I am new to tunepro. Where would I find that. I found something to do with wideband in the VE LEARN PARAMS and those values match the analog output stated by the mtx-l manual. Checked it just before and TP shows about 13.2 and the mtx gauge shows 11.9. I let the engine warm up this time and by changing the idle vs voltage to 875 the engine is alot more stable at idle but is very rich. the target afr is 13.9 at idle but is no where near it. narrowband o2 is around 800mv once the engine gets some temp in it. Really want to get this wideband reading right so I can start making it a little leaner at idle.
Attachments
test2.xdl
(267.06 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

try setting "VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR" & "VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR" in tunerpro to match what your wideband's analog output afr is at 0 and 5 v