TunerPro V5 Beta

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag

Re: TunerPro V5 Beta

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

LOL, about me beating you to it I have a cam & all the appropriate gear to suit installing then back on it!(not sure which way to go with silence periods though & does it need it in any other spots of adx too?)

But yeah trust me Antus I'm not going anywhere near the OSE plugin, definitely doesn't like flash pcm's!
drift-it
cars: 03 vy calais L67

Post by drift-it »

mine does this sometimes aswell. it does it in TP but it also does it when nothing is open on the desktop. i fouund plugging the dlc connector into the cpu first and letting it load then plugging it into the car dlc to work most of the time.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

O.k. I just noticed Darcy uses VX adx in his VY(not sure what PCM he's using though?).

But I did get a few clean logs today on the dyno & if I was getting scrambled log's I had to stop acquisition & load a different adx & most times it fixed it(both similar adx's, 1 I just deleted some stuff from & moved stuff around!).

I didn't get the mouse issue though not sure whether it was because I did leave the usb connected to the notebook at all times?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you have trouble with TP5 without our plugin, then you should report it to Mark as it is likely a problem with TP5. If nobody reports it, it wont get fixed. Advising here that you are having trouble without contacting Mark doesnt help anyone including yourself. I can not do so, as I do not have a VX or VY, and no other model in the world has the same system with as much bus chatter. Theres only so many of us aussies trying this.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey Ant,

Trust me he was the 1st I went to, but he said he hasn't heard of it & I'm not 100% sure what or why it's doing it?

If anyone else has more input I can let mark know it would be great!
drippy
cars: Vk V6
Vy V6

Post by drippy »

ive had the mouse issue, i thought it was just my laptop! lol
i ended up disabling the serial mouse driver in device manager, so far ive had no issues with it! but im glad its just a bug with tp and not my laptop...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So Drippy do you just use an external mouse now? I tried plugging n a ps2 mouse & still did the same thing!(I didn't disable other mouse though as it didn't come up with any extra mouses in device manager)

But it did the mouse thing with me on 2 COMPLETELY different laptops & 1 on WIN XP & the other on WIN 7!

I believe it has to be a feedback coming from car to laptop before the usb port gets initialized or something?
The1

Post by The1 »

are we all win7 with this mouse issue?
drippy
cars: Vk V6
Vy V6

Post by drippy »

yeh im running windows 7

nar im using the touch pad on mine, but mine came up as a serial mouse in device manager, tho i have only connected one other time after i disabled it.
The1

Post by The1 »

Hmm it seems it's a windows problem and has been around for a very long time with microsoft doing nothing to fix it properly. I guess it's doing it on vx vy because of the amount of fluctuating data on the bus which triggers it?

Windows detects a serial port gps typically a 4800bps device as a serial ballpoint mouse. this has been happening since widows 98 and gps is very common today in mobile navigation automotive, marine, aviation tracking etc. the in ascii data is not a ballpoint mouse. ascii data is very standardized typically stating with the $ symbol.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 3655c39b03