Elmscan5 + Proscan 5.9...will I be able to fire-up the LS1?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
ls1toz
cars: LX Torana Hatch
WB 1 Tonner
VY II LS1 Calais

Elmscan5 + Proscan 5.9...will I be able to fire-up the LS1?

Post by ls1toz »

Hi guys, I'm eager to learn how to do what the majority of forum members are doing in order to get a project of mine up and running: LX Torana Hatch with a VY II LS1/Auto transplant. So, as I'm very new to all this, I was hoping to clarify whether the tools I have will lead me to the outcome I want; 'to be able to start the LS1 in the Toz without keys, as I purchased a stolen/recovered Calais from pickles without them.'

So far, I've purchased:
-Elmscan5 compact USB cable.
-Proscan 5.9 Software.

I know this combo works to reset Airbag Faults etc., so I'm assuming I'll be able to use the above to disable VATS; is this the case? If so, is there anything else I have to do before starting the engine successfully – and can the gurus recommend some literature to read / links / PDF’s etc. to scour in order to achieve the aforementioned [as I haven’t even plugged the cable in, yet - and have no experience reading/writing commands].

Thanks in anticipation for any thoughts/pointers, Cheers Peter :thumbup:
Jayme

Re: Elmscan5 + Proscan 5.9...will I be able to fire-up the L

Post by Jayme »

sorry mate, you cant use an elm to disable vats. as disabling vats requires a reflash of the tune in the pcm. elm can only scan.
to do what you want you have a few options in terms of software, none of them free.... Hptuners, Efilive, Jetdst, etc.

your other option is to post the pcm to someone who already has the tools needed to reflash ls1 pcms and can flash it for you to disable vats, then post is back. a few of us on this forum have the tools to do it, myself included.
ls1toz
WB 1 Tonner
VY II LS1 Calais

Post by ls1toz »

Very costly - bugger! So out of those, which one does everyone recommend -- not sure if i'm keen on HPTuners credit system? It maybe worth purchasing a package, for once i've got the Toz running, I want to upgrade the WB donk as well - besides, once VATS is gone - i'll most likely want to play with other things. Cheers for your help, mate
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

efilive still has the per vehicle licensing, and the only one that I know of that doesnt have per vehicle licensing is Tunercats, but they stopped selling to new customers. im not sure what anyone else can recommend.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You can still get tunercat, but you have to buy it bundled with a realtime pcm, and its not cheap for an older program. Plus side is that there is no per car licensing though. But then you need a cable, too:

Something like:

http://www.moates.net/rtobd2-tunercat-r ... p-113.html
and
http://www.moates.net/winflash-tunercat ... p-115.html
and
http://www.moates.net/roadrunner-ls1-re ... p-105.html

Hopefully there will be a delcohacking.net product soon.... :think:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ls1toz
WB 1 Tonner
VY II LS1 Calais

Post by ls1toz »

hmm, just a thought [...dont really want to go off topic], but due to thieves already successfully stealing the donor car - would it be/seem likely that they somehow disabled VATS in the first place; hence, maybe the work is already done for me? For the car had no keys and the steering wheel plastic covers were exposed with the bracket that holds the steering column to the dash frame snapped - and with the car kissing a gumtree at the end of their fun, they had to get it moving somehow? Anyhow, what about picking up a 2nd hand Tech2, I could get one for the same price as the other kits, but theoretically without the licensing hassles? Cheers guys
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Jayme wrote:efilive still has the per vehicle licensing, and the only one that I know of that doesnt have per vehicle licensing is Tunercats, but they stopped selling to new customers. im not sure what anyone else can recommend.

Jayme you forgot about RTLS1 http://www.dickselectronics.com/page.php?6
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

sorry, I didnt know what sort of licensing RTls1 had. good to know :)
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Jayme wrote:sorry, I didnt know what sort of licensing RTls1 had. good to know :)
Not your fault. Truth is the RTLS1 has never been advertised for sale. Only ever sold to very selected successful workshops. I should make some more and sell them.

Maybe someone should make me an offer I can’t refuse.

Dick
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

What price range would you be talking about Dick and could the RTLS1 be sold to an individual ie me :D since my VT track car will hit the track
in the next couple of months.
Sooner or later i'm gonna have to shell out for EFI live or HP tuners etc