Innovate LM2 Wideband Info

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag

Innovate LM2 Wideband Info

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Just thought this might help with general settings with other widebands too...
Attachments
Innovate Sensor Placement.png
Innovate Sensor Placement.png (146.87 KiB) Viewed 7852 times
Program Innovate Analog Outputs.png
Program Innovate Analog Outputs.png (122.52 KiB) Viewed 7887 times
LM2 Wideband wiring output.png
LM2 Wideband wiring output.png (160.8 KiB) Viewed 7887 times
Innovate Analog Cable.png
Innovate Analog Cable.png (83.51 KiB) Viewed 7887 times
vsslpr
cars: VS s1

Re: Innovate LM2 Wideband Info

Post by vsslpr »

thanks for the info!

Ive got the mtx-l and its wired up as in example no.2 which i think is correct.. TP5 and mtx gauge/logwork 3 seem to show the same values now. But im not sure if i can trust the wideband afrs.. they seem to be very lean and different to afr read by the narrowband sensors

Ive attached my adx file and both tp5 and logworks 3 logs- hoping someone can take a look and see what you think.. alot of the time my wideband sensor reads around 15 when tps moves above 0% surely this is way too lean?

btw still running a stock tune- havent made any fueling changes yet
Attachments
Realtimelog.log
(118.26 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
work-home.xdl
(650.95 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 ENHANCED-WB-Pin_A5.adx
(150.58 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

why do you say its too lean ? anything part throttle will be commanding 14.7 AFR so if the wideband is reading 15 then its very close!
vsslpr

Post by vsslpr »

thats the thing im not really sure what would be considered dangerously lean. But ye under part throttle i see the gauge sit at around 15-17 afr so im just questioning whether my sensor is reading correctly etc. i guess i dont have the experience to be comfortable that my wideband gauge is accurate and also that closed loop fuel control is working without any problems which could cause fueling to be less than optimal.

also im not sure that my wideband logs are "normal" and what i should be expecting? do they look ok?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It does not look miles off.

An easy way to test that its accurate at stoich is to get it idling in open loop, which it is normally anyway and monitor the narrow bands and wideband. The attached ADX has the monitors setup, monitor 2 has the traces you need to be watching. Right at the end of your log is an example, target AFR is 14.2, wideband shows 14.2ish also. Narrownbands are both 800ish millivolts. You know that the engine is richer than stoich from the narrowbands, higher than 450mv is richer and less than 450mv it is leaner than stoich. So.. RT edit the idle AFR table and get the target to 14.6 AFR, see what the narrownbands do (they should be still higher than 450mv) and how the wideband is. Then go to 14.8 AFR target, narrow bands should drop below 450mv, wideband should be close to 14.8 also.

If all that checks out can play with RT edit target AFR at idle, wont break it trying 12-16 AFRs. See if the wideband follows the target AFR and see if the gauge matches the TP wideband reading.
Attachments
VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 ENHANCED-WB-Pin_A5.adx.zip
(12.38 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
vsslpr

Post by vsslpr »

Thanks for the info on this. I've taken a small log idling to check this out.. could you check it out and see how it looks? to me it looks as though the wideband reading never really reads target AFR it does get close occasionally but mostly its out by 1 (is this accuracy typical?)

also how do you make it stay in open loop fueling? it goes into closed loop fuel control after about 1min of idling.. at least i think so since the engine dash shows closed loop fuel control as enabled, but at the same time i enable data tracing and i can see a bubble hovering in the following table: Open Loop- Air Fuel Ratio vs CYLAIR & RPM. If its in closed loop fuel control shouldn't it be using the closed loop target AFR scalar to determine fuel based on o2 input (therefore not looking at this table)?

and also by AFR table do you mean "Open Loop- Air Fuel Ratio vs CYLAIR & RPM" or "Open Loop- Air Fuel Ratio vs Coolant Temp"? I also notice that my RH O2 is reading richer than the left- but this only seems to happen when it goes into closed loop fueling (if it is in fact in closed loop fueling).

thanks heaps for the help
Attachments
idleLog.xdl
(528.82 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
trikky73
cars: VS V6 Sedan

Post by trikky73 »

is it just in TP that the WB is out or is the display of the WB itself also out?
If it is just your reading in TP then the calculation needs tweeking

I have the Innovate WB and the reading in TP and the display of the WB are within 0.1 AFR of each other
vsslpr

Post by vsslpr »

nah the gauge and TP read about the same- I've adjusted the equation and its all good now.

Just wondering how accurate its actually reading is all
The1

Post by The1 »

if youve done the free air recalibrate then it should be spot on.
vsslpr

Post by vsslpr »

cool- ive done that so if (looking at my log) at idle the afr commanded is 14.2 and my wideband shows say anywhere between 14.4-15.1 thats what the afr actually is it looks ok in the log the wideband afr seems to move accordingly with narrowband o2 millivolts. cheers guys