Ls1 Flash Tool - Proof of concept

Programs / Tools / Scripts
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Re: Ls1 Flash Tool

Post by vn5000 »

Anyone know how to read the data off a pcmcia card that is in a tech 2
I have a few old laptops that have the card slot,just want to be sure i do it properly so i dont stuff the card.
dev8ed
cars: 408ci VX SS
V6 VX Calais
Kawasaki GPX 250

Post by dev8ed »

Very interested this project, let me know if you need any testers I have a few ls1 pcms (512k and 1mb) laying around
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Hi mate ,thanks for the offer
At the moment the cable works well
The problem i have is trying to find or write a bootload file that can be distributed legally
EagleMark
cars: 1994 Buick RoadMaster LT1
1972 IH 345 16197427 PCM Project
1990 Chevy 1227747 HighWay Lean Cruise

Post by EagleMark »

Somewhere on Source Forge was some programming for this, the guy had moved on and wanted to leave his work behind. Just cant seem to find it... maybe Open source?

Anything we can do to help? We have a couple TunerPro XDF already for US LS1 as well as some ADX files started.
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

Quick update on this project
Cable now writes and reads 2048 byte blocks ,at 1x can write a full os in 10 min and the cal section in 2
min.
I have also implemented auto unlocking for 12200411 pcms with std seed/ key ,unlocking for pcms that are locked by aftermarket tuners is the next step.

Hopefully this will be released in a month or 2.
dimented24x7

Post by dimented24x7 »

Im actually working on something similar for the AVT-852. I have a basic interface written in visual C# and have the basic foundation to interface with the AVT and send/recieve data, communicate with the PCM, etc. But, I still need to write the bootloader (know CPU32 well enough to do it) and complete the control logic on the PC side to upload/download/reflash. My basic interface more or less looks like what you have. Basically some buttons to enable the AVT, send data, and a sidebar to enter the flash sector addresses/lengths. One thing I lost over the years is the info to generate the seed/keys. I had a few of the algos and could generate the keys, but I'll be damned if I can remember what I did with it.

I was working with Antus here as well and at that time we where able to enable the 12V VPP to unlock the flash using my hack of the '01 411 OS. Inside the '411 OS there are also routines to interface with the flash chip so the info is all there to make a boot loader, but thats about as far as it went. It seems that he was tired of working on it at the time and the effort stalled. About two weeks ago I decided to have a go at it myself.

It would be nice to combine some of these efforts and come out with a few freeware tools to reflash using common interfaces.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its still a work in progress. I just dont get time to work on it every weekend.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dimented24x7

Post by dimented24x7 »

Thats perfectly fine, and I can certainly relate to the time constraints ;)

At this point we have 3 parallel efforts. All the information needed is here between the posters in this thread. I propose that we combine the efforts so theres not a lot of duplicated work that doesn't need to be. How its done isn't really critical as far as I'm concerned, and it can be open or closed source. I like the idea of having a freeware 1x cable as well as the one for the AVT, which many people already have for datalogging with tunerpro.

I don't mind writting the boot loader. What I have on the PC side is almost mature enough to allow a bootloader to be tested.
vn5000

Post by vn5000 »

I have re-written a bootload file to suit my cable so i can write 2kB blocks ,and it works well.I have now flashed over 30 ls1 pcms with my cable and software without bricking one pcm.
A seperate bootload file still needs to be written to enable vz 1.00mb pcm reflashing.
If your pcm has been locked the key finder can now check 65000 keys in 2.5 days, ive also found another way to unlock these pcms in 15 min,no matter what the key is.
If the seed key combo is std pcms are unlocked instantly.
Also added security section reflashing and bcm relink capabilities
Attachments
ls1 tool.jpg
ls1 tool.jpg (69.88 KiB) Viewed 8851 times
GM Tech

Post by GM Tech »

I have a locked LS1 pcm and was trying to figure out how to unlock it without removing the prom. Would be interested to see something like this. :punk: