PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Holden202T

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by Holden202T »

its not something like the command being different for that PCM ?
tuningmonkey

Post by tuningmonkey »

I don't have a test bench. I'll give it another shot this morning and see if anything changes. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
tuningmonkey

Post by tuningmonkey »

Just tried it again with similar results. This is a new AVT-852 cable. Could it be bad?

Thanks
tuningmonkey

Post by tuningmonkey »

Cable is good. It works just fine with the hex terminal supplied by AVT. Really not sure why I'm not getting to read the bin
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It will be because of some difference with that type of car that I have not seen yet in Australia. It is not likely to be a problem with your cable. Unfortunately without access to a test vehicle there is not much I can do. Sorry.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
durahax
cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel

Post by durahax »

Glad to see another dmax guy on here, what OS 15188873? I have bins for every LB7 OS that I could find, always willing to share. I would recommend unplugging the TCM, really easy to do. I'm betting that is the root of the problem. Where else are people working on dmax stuff, are you from another forum?

Antus, are you disabling traffic on all nodes or just the PCM? You're sending $6C,$10,$F1,$28,$00 right? Maybe it's possible to try disabling all nodes $6C,$FE,$F1,$28,$00 or just the trans controller $6C,$18,$F1,$28,$00? Also been meaning to ask if you would add support for the TCM, I'm willing to bet that it would just work if you change the header to $6C,$18,$F1 and use 411 routine it would work. Also have comms logs from a LLY, same as the P12 Atlas if you want them.
tuningmonkey

Post by tuningmonkey »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughts.

Antus, I'd be happy to help you help me in any way I can. Is there any kind of logging that I can do? There's a big market in the states for Duramax tuning....

Durahax:

I've been lurking here for a few years, but just finally decided to jump in and buy a cable. Do you have any M6 LB7 bins? I don't think they made many and mine is. That's the main reason I wanted to download the bin. Eaglemark had some questions about what GM was doing with the manual truck tunes vs the auto. Since this is an M6, do I even have a TCM? I ASSume that is Transmission Control Module???

Thanks!!!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

What Durahax says sounds about right. When I get a chance I'll make up a test version that send the disable all nodes command and test on some local commodores and send it over to you to see if that makes a difference.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I just checked the code, I am sending a broadcast disable chatter command command (6C FE F1 28 00) already :thumbdown:
durahax
cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel

Post by durahax »

Worth a shot, never logged your upload routine. But tuningmonkey has a ZF6 trans so he's right no trans controller, so that can't be the problem. It would be nice to try on a bench, then you would know if it's interference from another node or something else.