PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Programs / Tools / Scripts
roughneck427
cars: 2002 Camaro
2008 Pontiac G8

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by roughneck427 »

antus wrote:Thanks for letting me know. Being an Aussie I dont have any experience with Duramax trucks as they were not released here. It was an American who contacted me and found that it looked like it would work if I added support for the security algo, so I did, and to great surprise it read OK! I think he also tried the LLY but that failed. I am not sure though. Feel free to try it and report back.

Antus that would have been me that did the testing on the LB7 and LLY ECM's. You did add the support for the LB7 however the LLY did not work. What did work was the seed and key finder on the LLY which has been helpful fixing a couple of locked ECM's :thumbup:
Chavez91
cars: LLY Duramax

Post by Chavez91 »

So I finally got around to hooking up the LLY ECM and trying to read it out.

It connects and Identifies everything correctly. Gets the correct Seed/key

As soon as it unlocks I get a "PCM known to be incompatible. Abort." Message and that's as far as I get.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ahh yes, I do recall putting that in there after testing with roughneck427. True, it is.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Chavez91
cars: LLY Duramax

Post by Chavez91 »

Is there a specific reason why? Or just because you haven't had the time to implement support for it? Just out of curiosity.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I know its not compatible because the pcm crashes when it runs my code. It must be different, else it would work. How similar it is I have no idea as I have never seen one. If I did see one I could probably pick initial differences by looking at it, but that in itself would not define or solve the software problems. I dont have the time to investigate, even if I did have access to the hardware. I was not comfortable leaving my software crashing it in some unknown way, so I abort with the above message instead.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tyson
cars: 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, 1998 Tahoe, 2004 duramax lly, 2008 duramax and meany more I'm a mechanic/tuner

Post by Tyson »

Hello woundering if everyone uses the AVT-852 default E setup
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

No. I run 'L' because the analog input for wideband support is useful. Others run other variants for GM LAN high speed can support.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I recently looked up dimented24x7 app and seen some talk of 1mb support. I dont have a LS1 ecu to play with but I hear good things about it on the net.
I seen Antus xdf he started on a while ago. Although XDF generating is beyond me, If there's anything I can do to help id be mad keen on this stuff for us aussies.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I haven't looked into dimented's app for a while but could support more by now?

With xdf editing you really need some sort of break down of the code which I still can't work my way through, or other way is very tedious by using an app that edits in bin & make 1 change at a time & note differences & edit xdf to suit the exact changes at that location with the same resulting difference to raw binary data as well as the edited calculated result in tunerpro!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've read right through his development thread. He talks about a program generating the xdf?
But he also has commented code for there calibrations too.
He is a member on here he has commented on this thread I think.
The yanks are using tuner pro to edit and his app to write. No VIN licensing.