antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PCMHacking.net LS1 Flash Tool - comment thread

Post by antus »

This app will let you change vin, if required.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

Hi Antus,

I just reflashed using dimented's tool and did the advanced OS flash, now the PCM wont connect to my AVT cable, and when in car, the OBD2 scanner wont detect it. The fuel pump primes for half a sec then shuts off.

When I use your tool 1.07 it connects, but when i try to identify the pcm it says "Failed to read block 10" and to check the ignition power.
Is there anyway to recover the PCM or reflash?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Block 10 is the Calibration ID and is read after the OSID. "Failed to read" means that the pcm sent an error code which shouldnt normally happen and is different to an unknown Calibration ID. Can you post up the bin you tried to flash? Did you get an OSID back?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
evilstuie

Post by evilstuie »

No OSID, no nothing.
This is the original file I had working on there.
Attachments
vx-original-noVATS.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
evilstuie

Post by evilstuie »

And this is the one I tried to load.

This is the log from Dimenteds flash tool:
System Message: Connecting to AVT, please wait...
System Message: AVT-0852 present
System Message: In 1X VPW mode
System Message: Entering flash mode, please wait...
System Message: Error, no response from PCM for SECURITY_SEED

And from yours:

Init:
TX: F1 A5
RX: 91 27
AVT device reset ok
Model: 852
Firmware: 2.3
Identify:
TX: F1 A5
RX: 91 27
AVT device reset ok
AVT VPW mode ok
Set AVT filter
Failed to read block 10

My OBD2 Scanner won't recognise the protocol and won't connect.
And the car is not getting fuel or spark, the fuel pump primes, but only for half a second, less than it usually does with a working pcm/tune, unless that is configurable in the tune file.

Also I know the tune is not set up for my transmission, but it was more just to see if i could get the car to run in park.
Attachments
DaveW 57x24.bin
(512 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
evilstuie

Post by evilstuie »

Also, just to confirm, if I bought EFI Live and 1 VIN licence, can I use your program to change the VIN of any PCM to the one I'm licensed for on other PCMs?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I cant speak for efilive, so I would suggest you ask them. But I imagine if you licensed your car and changed the vin of spare pcms to suit your car that would be ok. It might even be possible to do it directly with their software.

The tune you have posted appears to be for a 1999 Chevrolet S-10, 6 Cylinder (going by the vin). Its pretty different to our OS, so I cant really say what happening :thumbdown:

Im not sure if that would require a 6 cylinder '0411 or if they are the same thing. There are no 6 cylinder '0411 cars here in Australia. What are you trying to do?
evilstuie

Post by evilstuie »

EFI live says its a 5.3L V8 , its only the VIN that says its a v6

The tune was for an L31 x24 vortec motor in the states with an 0411 conversion.
Relatively stock, but possibly closer to the tune i need than the ls1 VX stock tune.
The motor i'm running is a 400SBC x24 conversion with AFR heads, HSR efi intake and XE270HR mild cam.

After more reading it looks like the only way to recover is to send it to someone to de-solder the chip, flash it and re-solder, but so far the peice i've had is $100 in Australia to do it, its cheaper to just buy a few PCMs from the states
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yeah that sounds about right. You probably would have been better off comparing the tune to that vehicles stock and moving the changes by hand to commodore base tune by hand verifying what they were as you went. Tunercat pcm recovery might work, but that requires a copy of tunercat winflash which is rarer than hens teeth these days. I think some kind of the recovery tool functionality will be something to implement early on with the full version of this app when ready. Speaking of, my interface prototype can now do vpw 1x, vpw 4x, and packets up to 128 bytes. The 128 bytes isnt a hard limit, just progress so far. At the moment Im figuring out how to re-architect my app in a way which makes sense as the interface is based on obddiag.net which means its elm protocol... very different to avt.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Elm compatible protocol, but you wont find this functionality on your garden variety elms.

Code: Select all

ATZ
OK
ELM327 v1.4
>AT#1
Copyright (c) 2009-2016 ObdDiag.Net, 2016 PCMHacking.net
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>ATSP2
OK
>ATDP
SAE J1850 VPW
>ATV1
OK
>ATDP
SAE J1850 VPW 4X
>ATR1
OK
>6C10F100112233445566778899AA
Note the VPW 4X timings, greater than 8 byte packet size and raw packet functionality where you dont have to stuff around with elm style headers.

The VPW protocol decoder is also open source written as part of this project, if anyone wants it, it can be found over here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4761&p=67134
Attachments
obddiag 4x.png