PCM Hacking Tools - Share What You Use

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Jayme

Re: Good PCM Hacking Tools For OSX

Post by Jayme »

pah you all make me want to puke. all this talk of osx and linux. I go green just thinking about them. I can run windows apps natively :D .... in windows :geek:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hahaha ^^^^^ this
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
durahax
cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel

Post by durahax »

The1 wrote:i use vmware fusion with unity mode, can run windows apps native basicly on mac :)
I'll give unity mode a shot, I use vmware but never tried that mode. Thanks for the heads up :)
Jayme wrote:pah you all make me want to puke. all this talk of osx and linux. I go green just thinking about them. I can run windows apps natively :D .... in windows :geek:
But..but.. everyone I see with a Windows laptop has it plugged into a power outlet at all times, that's not going green. I kid ;)
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Jayme wrote:all this talk of osx and linux. I go green just thinking about them.
With envy...? :lol:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'm with Jayme, have no need for anything other than windows :) mind you I have an iPhone! :)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nah I do agree about the battery life, my laptop is lucky to get an hour LOL. how does the mac go running windows? is it actually worse on power?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its all horses for courses... OS doesnt matter if it does what you need. But its still true most tuning apps are windows. Power life has more to do with hardware, provided the OS supports the hardware power management properly. Windows should supports apples fine since its just an intel core series processor and the same kit you get in a pc, these days, which is also why you can run a hacked version of osx on some off the shelf pcs.
1101HA-with-SL.jpg
1101HA-with-SL.jpg (470.49 KiB) Viewed 5333 times
If talk of a mac makes you go green jayme, what does that pic do? hehehehe
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

makes me envious of your blue memory stick :P

i've had 4-5 hours out of my tuning laptop while either on the dyno or at the drags so i can't complain about windows and battery life :)I think SSD helps alot too.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its not my machine :P But I have messed around with osx, and found an issue with gopro hero 3 cams - if you format the memory card with the camera as exfat on a 64gb card windows 7 will not read it even though it claims to support exfat (and does, if you format the card with windows). Linux wont read it either. To get around that I had to fire up osx in vmware on windows and use usb passthrough. Videos recovered, and wont be hitting format on the gopro again!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
durahax
cars: 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD - LB7 Duramax Diesel

Re: PCM Hacking Tools - Share What You Use

Post by durahax »

Updated OP, what tools are you guys using? What's your most used tool?