Open Flashtool before TunerproRT

Programs / Tools / Scripts
vc81
cars: vn v6

Open Flashtool before TunerproRT

Post by vc81 »

Any ideas - Before I can get tunerproRT to connect I have to first connect to the vehicle with the flashtool, then disconnect, then open tunerpro and it will connect. If I don't follow this sequence tunerpro will not connect.
Anyone know why I can't connect without the flashtool first?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Open Flashtool before TunerproRT

Post by antus »

For questions like this you should tell us what car/tune or bin file you are running, and if you are using the plugin or not, nvram or not, and what your configuration is.

But from what you say I can guess its a VS or newer (probably a VT), and you have an nvram and the plugin, and you have the plugin set to connect on startup.

So, if this correct then it is because there is too much communication on the vehicle aldl bus between all the modules, and the detection messages are getting clobbered by the other devices in the car when you start tunerpro.

The flashtool works around this because it sends the silence chatter command, and so when tunerpro starts the bus is quiet and the message gets through ok.

There are 2 fixes. One is to put a switch on the bcm data line, and flick the switch to disconnect the bcm when tuning. This will make all your problems go away. But means you need to get to the bcm and install a switch somewhere.

The other option (and I dont have a VT myself to confirm this) but I think this might work. In tunerpro under preferences/data acq+emulation you uncheck 'detect hardware on startup'. Then when tunerpro starts, hit the aldl button and start logging. This should silence chatter. Then hit detect and it should detect the car properly, then hit emulation and leave the logging part running. Then tune.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vc81

Post by vc81 »

Sorry mate for not enough details. It's a VN V6 running on 12P using APNX bin from the 12P zip also using the plugin and nvram. Not sure what you mean by what my configuration is?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I meant what you have done to configure the programs. But VN should be pretty straight forward. Im not sure why connecting with the flash tool first would make any difference. Once it does connect does it seem to work properly?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vc81

Post by vc81 »

Yea everything seems to work properly except for the wideband reading is a bit out compared to the MTX-L gauge itself as I have posted in another thread.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The flashtool will open and close a port the same way that TunerPro will.

If you open TP first, go in to the preferences and check that the USB comm port is listed, select it, confirm echo is ticked, 8192 baud and read cal area only is ticked. Press ok and try to connect.