Programs / Tools / Scripts
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Look what arrived in the mail today....

Post by yoda69 »

Let the fun begin!!!!

Now to sort out the laptop and have a play.
Can't say enough positive things about Moates, great communication and service and fast delivery, caught me a little unprepared.
Attachments
Ostrich2.jpg
Ostrich2.jpg (241.68 KiB) Viewed 7396 times
Mick

Re: Look what arrived in the mail today....

Post by Mick »

Hay looks like you need to make a header there Yoda.

The pen has a nice feel but they only last a day or 2...LOL

Remenber with the Ostrich there's 2 forms of Data Tracing.

1: Data Tracing via ALDL.
2: Address Hit Tracing via Emulation.

Once your hooked up it will be ..... :driving:

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

:punk:

I love my Ostrich 2.0s, yes I have 2. :D

My Moates pens have been working fine, maybe it's that long trip over the pond. LOL

You'll loove it.

BTW, the data hit tracing only works in Tuner Pro V5 AFAIK, with the latest firm ware loaded to the Ostrich 2.0, which if you just got it, it should already be loaded with it. 2.09.?? or something like that.

Have fun emulating. ;)
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i got an older model moates pen, its been going out in the shed for years!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hmm 32pin ribbon cable need me one of those :D as for the desoldering pen ive never used one LOL theres only been one time i wished i had one :rant:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

So far so good, with a bit of help have managed to get my VT V6 up and running and to do a few realtime changes.
Nothing much at this stage, just idle RPM to check that everything is working how it's supposed to and a little play with a bit of spark.

128K Bins aren't a straight forward load, but if you stack 4 together and load it works fine, and the xdf's I posted will change the correct bin data running the vehicle from 2000Hex. If you pad out the other 3 bins with blanks the car won't run due to the calibration bank switching, have sent some info off to Moates regarding the different banks so will have to wait and see what they come up with.

Now just trying to get grasp on the data tracing.

So far so good with the pen it's still working too, nice black ink.

Will keep you posted as it progresses,
yoda69
Mick

Post by Mick »

With the data tracing I keep mixing up the X and Y Axis assigment, but once you set the parameter up that's it she's all good, move onto the next. I'm gettng pretty fond of V5 as things are coming together. I have made some pretty cool History Tables as well. Been plotting spark vs rpm vs mgc in graph view and found it cool to see the History Graph build the output spark map in real-time. Found there to be a huge difference in spark between the high and low octane maps and the Aussie fuel is all over the place.

I don't know what it is about them pens, I must be heavy handed, every single one I got exploded like a cannon! It's like somebody kicked my dog!

Great to see you got things going on the Ostrich, just need to sort out that crazy banking issue and it will be more user friendly. Simple uploads and downloads are the go. It would be more straight forward if it were all 1mb. Don't think you will get a bin switcher going for these 128k bins unless you used multi eproms.

We will soon see.

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

oh its a real pen what a dick i thought it was for unsoldering LOL .ive shelved V5 didnt realise it needs new xdf's to use it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

TunerPro RT5 doesn't need new xdf's to use it.
Works fine with those created in RT4, it's just that it changes the xdf format and once changed they are no longer compatible with RT4.
As Mark says on his site, just make sure you back up all RT4 stuff before opening them in RT5.
I installed RT5 in a separate directory at this stage so I can use either, thought I'd do this just in case something in RT5 caused an issue.
The ADX files created in ScannerPro needed a bit of work to import into RT5, but Mark pointed me in the right direction and now all appears to be working fine.

yoda69
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

Mick,
I've made a couple of history tables, the one for RPM Vs mgc Vs knock retard is interesting.
I'm trying to baseline a standard bin and see what knock is "normally" present then do some changes and compare.

Having similar problems with X & Y axis for data tracing, easily sorted and you've got a 50% chance of getting it right first time.

The min and max numbers for spark advance are all over the place in the VT bins, think mainly due to all the spark correction factors such as EGR, Lean Cruise, PE, Knock/No Knock Tables, etc...

All interesting stuff, and definitely worth getting the Ostrich for me anyway.

Happy Tuning,
yoda69
:driving: