Look what arrived in the mail today....

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Mick

Re: Look what arrived in the mail today....

Post by Mick »

I have found 2 issus with my vehicle by looking through my logs. I found a small air leek from the piping going to the EGR valve. It's right on the elbow that leeds to the EGR from the intake. I seen a small difference in the STFT swing mv on the left bank from time to time. When I checked it out I would say it would be a common issue with these models. When you look at the knock values in my logs you will see allot of activity but for the figures returned there is not much reduction in spark timing. I belive my engine has the wrong engine oil in it. I would say that they have been using a mineral based oil instead of using synthetic as it is much cheaper. Planing on changing the oil and seeing if there is much fifference in the recorded knock. It's common in early model LS1's to copy the high octane spark tables to the low octane tables. The ignition in these models is so tame. There is a list of knock retard parameters a mile long, the one thing that I have noticed is that the custom bins that Kalmaker use have drive-line spark retard removed. This must be a real downer on vehicle performance. I was going to add more spark and knock parameters to my definition next.

Those min and max spark parameters are hard to find in the 06 definition as well. I'm finding that small things are easier to hide away in another location that needs filling.....:) It seems that the bigger the parameter the easier it is to work with.

You got me pumped now you have the Ostrich going on your VT. I found a SMT Production Socket form Yamaichi that fill fit on the PCB of the VY so I can get to that PLCC 32 a little easier but do you think they will sell me the item I need. What a joke!! The head office in the USA's reply was you will need to contact our Japan office and they will sort you out. Guess what, No reply from the Japan office. Comes with no surprise. Gee it's hard to fly like an eagle when.......

I have a couple VX/ VY PCM's now so I might just send one over to Craig and get him to hook me up. I was thinking that the PLCC 32 will have the same banking issues as your dip. As far as dumping the flash goes I know that in the future+ EFILive have something in the pipeline with there V8 software, the other option I have is to work with Roger from Omintuner.

Let the fun begin....LOL

Cheers

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Mick,
Maybe have a look at the following for plcc32 sockets:
http://www.darkwire.com.au/html/plcc_pr ... ckets.html
http://www.futurlec.com/SockPLCC.shtml

Don't know if this helps, but is worth a try.

yoda69
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well a V4 and V5 xdf show different values for vt bins the gearchange speeds seem to be a little out when using V5 for some reason more research me thinks it may be user error LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Mick

Post by Mick »

Look close now, as I found that it may flip the whole table axis for a parameter here and there.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what about just showing totally different values in some cases ?? :D
Mick

Post by Mick »

Yeah I have seen a few issues like that. You just need to be a little careful I guess.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hehehehe i am in a way ... using V4 :)
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I'm still doing most of my development stuff with V4 as well, the laptop I've borrowed is running Win98 so can't run V5.
Doing a little bit on V5 with my son's netbook, but screen is a little small and it appears to have the odd compatability issue sometimes with datatracing using ALDL.
May be time to invest in a newer laptop soon, will have to wait and see, a mate offered me one, but it is yet to materialise and I don't know the specs.
Time to go and do some baseline datalogging, then try and tweak a few tables :D

yoda69
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

im deleting V5 off the pc and forgetting it even exists LOL.just veiwed a log of a tune i did with it for someone and the timing goes down as the revs rise instead of up yet everything looks normal in tunerpro im over it dont need it cant trust it have to bin it back to V4 for me :comp: :comp: :comp: :comp: :comp:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

I've only had one "real" issue with V5 and that was when importing an ADS, the MAT calculation got messed up.

E-mail your issues to Mark, that way if there is a software problem, he can rectify it.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.