Kinjflow Calculator

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Re: Kinjflow Calculator

Post by VK_3800 »

I wondered but it seems like a lot. So should I include the fudge factor when setting up a new tune with different injectors, or stick to the calculated value?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if you have a known point ie. want to use a v6 3.8ltr tune on a 3.3 ltr motor, then as long as your using the v6 injectors just offset the injector rate by the percentage difference in the motor sizes, similarly, if your changing injectors to larger offset to suit injector size differences.

the injector flow calculator is only really good to give you a ballpark figure which will get the motor running, then you can fine tune from there.

at the end of the day as long as you have room in the VE table for adjusting the highest and lowest points without going off the scale then its all good. generally aim for a max VE of 85-90 will probably get you about right and then have enough lower ve adjustment .....

for example if your VE table is dialled in but your on 95 for the highest number, and lowest number is like 40, then decrease the whole table by 10% and then increase the injector rate by the same 10%, fuelling should still be pretty spot on but you now have your correct high VE and enough low ve and the injector rate that works for your combo!
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

Cool, thanks
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What value have you come up with? It's a 304 V8 with what size injectors? What fuel oressure and type of fuel are you running?
VK_3800

Post by VK_3800 »

Those numbers were a sanity check since I had both the specs to load into the spreadsheet and the factory bin for the same vehicle.

The actual engine will be an early headed 308 with 350cc/min injectors (at 3 bar) using a modified manifold:

The spreadsheet gives me a figure of 0.075 but as a percentage of the original for the injector change (and small engine capacity difference) its more like 0.081. I will split the difference and see what works out best for the VE table as Holden202T suggested. Going to need plenty of changes and fine tuning anyway, I just wanted to do it the "right" way. Sorry for the thread jack!