antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Kinjflow Calculator

Post by antus »

5.5 bar fuel pressure is not so good, I dont think that should be given as an example in the spreadsheet. Depending on the hardware type and quality (and age) that can cause injector leakage as its beyond the injectors spec and risk exploding fuel lines and leaks under the clamps, which in turn can cause engine bay fires and randomly inaccurate fueling accross differente cylinders. I saw a car once that had been set up for 6 bar and the fuel lines looked like they were about to pop and the fueling (especially noticable at idle) was all over the shop according to the wideband from the injectors failing to close properly. Thanks for the contribution, but I have removed it as it still functions the same and I dont want to encourage fuel pressure hacks especially considering we have the tools to do it properly.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

Post by Specops »

Under antus's advice default values have been changed ive also made it EXTREMELY easy to understand so its pretty much idiot proof.
Ultimate Kinjflow Calculator.xls
(13 KiB) Downloaded 1599 times
The1

Post by The1 »

good job :thumbup:
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

Post by Specops »

Thanks I started making the changes originally just to make it easier for me to read and understand then I got carried away. Funny thing is I don't actually know what the actual kinjflow parameter is even used for lol.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in every tune there is a setting which allows you to change the kinjflow figure to suit different injector size, engine size, fuel type all that .... its a calculation of all the variable elements to give a figure which SHOULD mean if you put say 60lb injectors into a stock V6 motor then just change the kinjflow number to suit it should keep the tune pretty close and at the very least will get the engine running pretty good so you can then fine tune it.

if you just jammed the injectors in with the stock tune you would get roughly 3 times the amount of fuel in the motor and pretty much will flood it and never be able to get it running.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Silly question again, where is is value in Tuner Pro 5? must have a different name?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

depends on what tune you are editing ...

for OSE $12P look for "Map A: Run A/F Param - Displacement/inj flow rate (Litres/Grams per sec)"
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Yep $12P thanks. I'm just setting up the OSE plug in now so no doubt I will have questions there.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Am I doing something wrong with this? If I plug in the VR V8 injector flow (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1230) and set cylinder size to 8 cylinder 304 cubic inches, I get a value of 0.124. But the BLCF factory bin uses 0.1466?
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There seems to be a bit of "fudge factor" involved with the factory tunes and kinjflow number. I had a similar issue.