Opel Corsa/Montana 1.8 8v Delco ecu flashing tool

Programs / Tools / Scripts
raceshop
cars: Opel Corsa C UTE 1.8 8v

Opel Corsa/Montana 1.8 8v Delco ecu flashing tool

Post by raceshop »

Good day,

Does anyone know what tool I can use to flash these ecus via the obd port. I used a MPPS clone tool and it managed to read the ecu dump however its not allowing me to write the new dump onto the ecu. Although the specific ecu is not list i used Z18XE and it read the dump. The vehicle is a Opel Corsa/Montana 1.8L 8v and has a delco ecu. these vehicles were produced for the South African and Brazilian market.

Any advice will be appreciated

thanks
Jayme

Re: Opel Corsa/Montana 1.8 8v Delco ecu flashing tool

Post by Jayme »

got photos of the ECU? are you sure its flashable and doesnt have a removable memcal instead?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If its def a flash PCM try then do a read using MPPS clone and also listen to the process via another ALDL interface to record it. Might offer some clues as to the process.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Most of the Opel obd stuff I thought was supported by KWP2000 but assumed it was different protocol & aldl wouldn't be able to listen
silentshout
cars: Holden Barina XC SRI 1.8L

Post by silentshout »

the z18xe was run by a simtec 70/71/71.1 depending on the car (simtec71 in the case of my SRI)

I can read and write to the car no problems, finding and labeling the correct maps, sorting out checksums and then by some freak miracle getting it to work in a program such as TunerPro, thats the part im very much struggling with :(
would love to pay someone $ to sort it out for me.

tl:dr pretty sure the delco and the simens are quite different, but i dont know that much.

Also the simens are KWP2000 protocol.
I used the Galletto 1260 cable to read and write.

Hope this helps.