cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Information on Vetronix Tech2

Post by Charlescrown »

I am thinking of buying one of these units and any advice is welcome. Can it do more than scan codes without access to Holden TIS? I know that there are quiet a few tasks that need this access. Is it worth buying or should I stick with my faithful Autel MD802?
The1

Re: Information on Vetronix Tech2

Post by The1 »

you can unlock level 3 access via tis2web on the acdelco system, $55 for 3 day access. Level 3 will let you into everything.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Yea I had seen that on the net. What I want to know is just what can I use it for standalone.
The1

Post by The1 »

yes once unlocked you dont need anything but the tech2
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Once unlocked?? What do you need to do? I thought it would come all setup and capable of carrying out quiet a few functions.
The1

Post by The1 »

go here and purchase 3day access, then request security unlock
https://www.acdelcotds.com
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah it will support up to 2012 VE out of the box (with the right card in it). The logging stuff is inferior compared to what we can do with Tunerpro, but it can do it and it can setup and configure BCM options and other devices on the vehicle bus. Post 2012 its all GDS2 PC software instead which I think might require an MDI interface for the latest bus interface, but can also use a tech2 in pass through mode as the interface.

If you go MDI, then you can still use the tech2win emulator but the emulator and gds 2 are time limited. As always there are bad MDI clones out there, and getting the real deal can be hard. Buyer beware. :comp: Tech2 hardware may be a better (cheaper) option as its not time limited.
Attachments
gds2 vf.png
gds2 vf.png (95.81 KiB) Viewed 7157 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:Yeah it will support up to 2012 VE out of the box (with the right card in it). The logging stuff is inferior compared to what we can do with Tunerpro, but it can do it and it can setup and configure BCM options and other devices on the vehicle bus. Post 2012 its all GDS2 PC software instead which I think might require an MDI interface for the latest bus interface, but can also use a tech2 in pass through mode as the interface.

If you go MDI, then you can still use the tech2win emulator but the emulator and gds 2 are time limited. As always there are bad MDI clones out there, and getting the real deal can be hard. Buyer beware. :comp: Tech2 hardware may be a better (cheaper) option as its not time limited.
Looks like those legit buggas are going for $1500 on fleabay. The ability to control everything from the pc though would be endless. :twisted:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726