Opel Bench Programming

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag

Opel Bench Programming

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows what device is needed to run an opel controller on a bench programmer with the KPW2000?

These controllers have CAN built in but then need to go through the BCM & it goes to a single wire data type after that.

I'm hoping there is a simple interface like a PIM or custom device that will allow it to communicate for programming on a bench.

Any ideas or thought are welcome & I will test it out!
mattyc

Re: Opel Bench Programming

Post by mattyc »

that would be good, the ts astra z18xe are very prone to failure, if you need any test modules let me know ill save a few next time I replace them, I only just threw 20 or so out
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah that was my idea entirely! If we can get the files off the controllers it should make it a lot easier as the KWP2000 seems to have a full bin file so hopefully just transfer & link!

It's just a mater of converting the CAN from the controller to whatever the normal data line is!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So I'm guessing from the little response there's no ideas, thoughts or info out there about being able to do this?

If not the next step I guess is running a bench bcm with it.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Here's what SHOULD be needed to program these controllers;
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.94 MiB) Viewed 4479 times
I've also been given some other wiring info so will have to figure out how to wire it all up when I get a chance next week!

Took a bit longer than I expected to get all the parts out, but at least now worst case scenario it can be sold as a complete replacement kit for faulty controller!