Dead Wideband?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Dead Wideband?

Post by VL400 »

Have had that happen on build 8139 a number of times (first indication is the MAP being way off like Antus found), only been on the latest build a month or so but has not happened yet. In saying that the target AFR calc does not change for petrol or methanol so likely wont cause a problem.
Dylan wrote:Think I might forget about the other day, pretend it never happened!
Some days working on cars can be like that! :lol:
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I cant replicate it at home. Admittedly different car but same ecu nvram laptop and software.
Surely different vehicle couldn't cause any problems for a bad upload?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Just ran the update myself, cant hurt.
Also checked flash tool and ose plug in they were ok.

No excuses now
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Just looking through Tuner Pro and found a setting in the Preferences Tab, a tick box labelled "Update Whole Tables" It was un ticked. Possible cause any troubles?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

That setting speeds things up when RT tuning. So if you say make a single VE cell change and hit upload only that cell is updated, ticking the box means the whole table is sent for a single cell change. Which with some tables is a large write!

It makes no difference when using the blue upload/download buttons.

Make sure to use the blue download to tunerpro button before starting any RT tuning, or if you have made offline changes to a bin on the PC between tuning sessions to upload to emulator first. That way the PC and ECU are operating on the same cal data.