Dead Wideband?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Dead Wideband?

Post by Dylan »

Sorry for the large pic it's from my phone.

mod edit: resized
Attachments
dylan tp5.jpg
dylan tp5.jpg (307.16 KiB) Viewed 5409 times
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Battery voltage is low, may want to look at that as well
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Yeah aftermarket pully set must of stuffed tha ratio up. Just after idle it starts charging.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You might want to check all your AFRs are in the same units. Is everything set to methanol? If so you should be targeting closer to 5.5 not ~14.7. It might make more sense to tune with lambda but at least make sure all AFRs are being interpreted the same way. I know with Holden202T's Methanol tunes hes used actual correct methanol AFR and set the target AFR tables and other places to be somewhere 5 to 6ish. Having some things converting lambda to petrol AFR and some to methanol AFR will confuse things. If you can post up your bin we can check.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I done map a and b afr tables to methanol figures in the 5 6:1 ratios cold start and idle.
But as you seen it's commanding petrol still. I have to of stuffed something.
Loaded methanol 1 bar adx from the 112 zip. And bin started as APNX 112.
My modified bin is on first page feel free to pass any comment. Thanks
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I've had a quick look and I can't see any AFR tables that should be causing any issues ..... which begs the question .... has this tune uploaded correctly ?

the only way it could be commanding 13's is if they are in the tables!
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Bad load would make since. How i did this was i used the NVRAM from my own car. Set the cylinder jumper from V8 to V6. Loaded this tune in tuner pro and uploaded via the blue arrows. Both tunes are 12P 112.

Anything there sound not right? In the past I've always done that with flash tool.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I fitted my wide band back to my own car today. Set jumpers hg ack to V8 used fladh tool to write my calibration and wide band is working fine.

I might write the methanol V6 cal later and load the adx and see what happens. If it commands petrol or methanol.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the wideband is not so much of an issue at the moment, although getting it inputting the right thing into the ecm is going to mean you have correct readings, but you need to work out why its commanding 13.5....

if for example you had a standard V6 tune in there (that would explain the 13.5 AFR) and you fitted 60lb injectors and then just poured methanol into it, it would most likely run ok albeit pretty rich, as you need almost 2.5 times more methanol compared to petrol, so going from 19lb -> 60lb injectors effectively offsets the fuel requirements (on the rich side)

then the computer thinks its just running petrol with stock injectors!

if that is the case and the wideband is calibrated to show petrol AFR's then that might explain why it was commanding 13.5 and the wideband was showing high 8's ..... mind you its probably close to flooding :P
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

On the day i over looked the command afr in the display on the screen.
Looks like the wide band was correct to display a lean condition as the wide band was calibrated to display methanol afr's but ecu was commanding petrol afr. Hopefully tonight i can load the cal again and see what I get.
Thanks for your time.