Berry tuning tool

Programs / Tools / Scripts
firebug
cars: Pathfinder Ti 550, L67 Gemini

Berry tuning tool

Post by firebug »

Was checking this out yesterday and thought it might be applicable to discuss here. Is anyone here using or considering a Berry as a part of their tuning toolbox?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/94 ... g-n-play-c

Seems to be an aussie made product in its intial stages...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Berry tuning tool

Post by MAGP »

firebug wrote:Seems to be an aussie made product in its intial stages...
Yet it doesn't list Holden in the list of models.

I would have 1 question about this, how can it determine MBT on an engine that is not knock limited and adjust the PCM accordingly?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I does list Holden, middle at bottom
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

question I have is, will it void your warranty and / or emissions ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Emissions yes. Warranty, well its not changing the PCM cal just fudging stuff in RT so reversible by just pulling the plug.
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Biggvl wrote:I does list Holden, middle at bottom
I didn't see that. He did so well up to that point every other manufacturer is listed in alphabetical order. Why he put Holden after Volvo is beyond me :lol:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I contacted that project last week after someone sent me a link, and asked about his engine management strategy and emissions. This was the response:
Berry Robotics wrote: I understand that having a project through Kickstarter allows consumers to have an in depth, manufacturing story of the product with a great perspective on design, which we believe we have covered pretty well. Unfortunately due to the nature of the product, there is only so much information we can release without compromising the architecture of the circuit and software which remains patented intellectual property.
We did begin testing on emissions, though accurate data could not be gathered and matched with manufacturers certificates. We decided against the practice and cannot guarantee any changes to emissions.
I followed up and asked "Can you please provide details of the patent? Which country, and patent number?" but there has been no further response.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
MAGP

Post by MAGP »

Why do they need to match data to the manufacturers information? The manufacturers have been caught out fudging things anyway so he would have been best to get each type of car and run it through an LM240 without the Berry and then again with the Berry.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:I contacted that project last week after someone sent me a link, and asked about his engine management strategy and emissions. This was the response:
Berry Robotics wrote: I understand that having a project through Kickstarter allows consumers to have an in depth, manufacturing story of the product with a great perspective on design, which we believe we have covered pretty well. Unfortunately due to the nature of the product, there is only so much information we can release without compromising the architecture of the circuit and software which remains patented intellectual property.
We did begin testing on emissions, though accurate data could not be gathered and matched with manufacturers certificates. We decided against the practice and cannot guarantee any changes to emissions.
I followed up and asked "Can you please provide details of the patent? Which country, and patent number?" but there has been no further response.
The 'only' way this device could be working, is to monitor the live sensor data which is standardized in all OBD2 (CAN Based) vehicles... and instantaneously send out 'new' data to the ECU to fudge information. Would make sense why they do not want to go into specifics on what the device is actually doing.
A simply question they should answer is "Is this falsifying live sensor data in the car?".
What happens if the car gets a fault, or pops into limp mode ect.. is the device aware enough to detect faults and disable.

Patent is probably just for hardware design, Just like the mob over at range that makes the AFM deactivator, patent on design, but the ability to actual deactivate AFM via the comms is literally using factory commands to tell the ECU to stay in V8 mode. Its not custom code, or custom trickery.. but factory commands.. already present in the car.. to do it.
Last edited by Tazzi on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Just realized its a Perth Local :lol:

Wonder if there game enough to have a chat about it over a beer..
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726