2012 Mitsubishi Canter DPF removal tool

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Gareth

2012 Mitsubishi Canter DPF removal tool

Post by Gareth »

Hi all,

as per the title, looking for suggestions for software/hardware to purchase to delete the DPF on a Canter truck. The only info I found online was tuning companies offering a mail in service.

All thoughts appreciated :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
jay woo

Re: 2012 Mitsubishi Canter DPF removal tool

Post by jay woo »

Do you know what brand of ecu is used? http://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/mmc-flasher. This may work, you can always ask on the forum. Not sure if they also provide definition files.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah from what I've looked into the kess seems to be the best but at mercy of the master & what they have defined, until you become a master yourself & edit with ECM Titanium but there all pretty expensive options, so a cheaper better solution would be great.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Thanks for that guys, kess is interesting but im not fan fan of not having control, im sure the support is great though. The mmc flasher is interesting, will check if the ecu is covered :thumbup:
jay woo

Post by jay woo »

I do not know of any that are worth the cost for the volume you would do less than 100s. If the ecu is Bosch it maybe easy for the definition but the reflashing may not be. If the ecu is Mitsubishi it maybe expensive and hard as I do not know of many who play with the ecu . The process in Bosch and /or diesels seems to go, buy a reflashing software at $$$$$ then $$$$ to maintain the licence. For anything but reflashing pay way more or ask the right people for help. If you ask for help then they will require your left testicle and your first born. It will be hard to help with out knowing if the ecu is Bosch or Mitsubishi. Piasani maybe another worth looking at.
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Yep biggvl i can do it with my allientech but its not cheap but still alot cheaper then a new dpf
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

The guys that I use my KESS with can supposedly do it for around $300 AUD but then you need to buy a slave unit to them, but my plans are to upgrade to master once I've got the hang of it & use ECM titanium but all more expensive each step!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Just an update on this, with advise from VX L67 getrag, I sent the ECU to Jason Slade at 'Scan Fix Truck and Bus Repairs' 0429059715 for reprogramming and am very happy with the results, best the truck has ever gone and no more dreaded DPF problem :thumbup: