Wideband Converter Spreadsheet

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Holden202T

Wideband Converter Spreadsheet

Post by Holden202T »

I know a few of you have been using this for a while, I've been slowly adding to it as I tune different combinations of fuel types etc so I have added all the ones in that I have used and thought I should update the forum with my latest.

I've labelled it v2.0 as there are possibly previous 1.x out there so no confusion.... also if people have versions with other layouts in it that I haven't got in mine send me your spreadsheet and I can update this one with the tabs so its all in one.

For those that don't know how it works, you need to have a wideband historgram from log, you then copy that info into the "wideband log" section of the spreadsheet you then put in your current VE table data and then make sure the AFR table is the same as whats in your tune then it should spit out a new ve table that can be pasted into tunerpro and then you will want to look at the 3D graph and make sure theres no big spikes, otherwise your good to go and upload back to the car and test.
wideband converter v2.0.xls
(370 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: Wideband Converter Spreadsheet

Post by heff0018 »

Great stuff, thanks. This will be getting a workout soon
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Brilliant program. I just plugged in my data and can see some areas that need trimming. Question? What is the VE table offset used for and how is the scaling. My guess it's so you can quickly see where adjustments are needed and it's in percentage?
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Oh another question. Do you use the wideband average and what compensation is there for decell fuel cut readings? Thanks
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok quick run through on how I normally use it:

like I said, make sure the afr table in your tune matches the one in the excel table....

then you get a log and play it back with wideband histogram and I normally use running average, it seems to be the best way to get good data without massive spikes (you will usually always get some though)
wb conv 1.jpg
its worth noting, you can play back a log, then go and open another log and play it back and it will just add to the data already collected, so if you had a few logs you can use them all to get average data then adjust from that if you like.

so now we have the info above, we copy it from the 20-100kpa area into the wideband log section of the spreadsheet, make sure when you copy it over its all in the same spot, ie. your last column and row map/rpm readings line up with the same locations in the log histogram.
wb conv 2.jpg
you then get your latest tunes 20-100kpa VE Table and copy it into the Current VE Table Values area, with the above wideband log and the VE table pasted in, it will calculate the changes and put the new numbers into the New VE Table Values section, which you can then copy and paste into tunerpro.

The Volumetric Efficiency Table Offset is where the maths is done between the wideband log and the target AFR table, it is then what is used to multiply the Current VE Table Values and create the offsets in the New VE Table.....
wb conv 3.jpg
wb conv 3.jpg (228.43 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
so you can see above, any area with 1.00 is not changed, anything with less than 1, ie. .85 means that cell will be multiplied by 85% and like wise 1.05 will be an increase of 5% fuelling.

So below is the VE Table with the new values pasted into it, now I pasted the whole table in, but you can see its only highlighted the ones in red that have changed, this is handy to see if theres major spikes etc, for example you can see 40kpa-4800rpm is a lot less than the numbers around it, in this case that was deceleration and just the wideband passing this cell and recording a value, so that would be one we'd either want to change back to what it was before or manually smooth it.
wb conv 4.jpg
wb conv 4.jpg (259.99 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
and this is the graph view of the above changes, as you can see a few spikes needing to be smoothed out.
Attachments
wb conv 5.jpg
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Nice, will be using this, thanks 202 :D
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Thanks so much. Perfect timing as I was going to start tuning my car next month when I have some time. Legendary!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks. That's just what I did. I see the last 3D graph shows the data errors which I guess it's visible by looking at the numbers in the VE table and then trimming them up or down to make sense with the data around the cell. Again thanks for the spread sheet.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

:thumbup: