EFI Live 4, ALDL, developing "definition"

Programs / Tools / Scripts
ashhhhh

EFI Live 4, ALDL, developing "definition"

Post by ashhhhh »

Hey all,

Im brand new to this whole deal so forgive me if I sound like an idiot. :lol:

Basically ive come into the world of EFI Live (4) and ALDL while trying to troubleshoot an issue with vehicle ive restored, the glorious Lada Niva.
This model uses a GM/Rochester 700 TBI and a GM ECU.

I built an ALDL interface and bought a full licence for EFI Live. Im using a definition created by a Lada fan decades ago, this is working well enough for basic stuff but there are no macro's or anything, cannot send commands etc. Also the timing stats are wild and I think, inaccurate. (60BTDC..)

My question is, how do I go about obtaining data to allow me to update this definition? Any guru's on this tool?

Cheers,
Ash
Attachments
Drive.jpg
NIVATEST.XML
(44.05 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
ECU.jpg
delcowizzid

Re: EFI Live 4, ALDL, developing "definition"

Post by delcowizzid »

It's probably slow speed 160 baud aldl and can only send data out not receive commands
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It could be fast. Its got a 1997 date on it, and I wouldnt be suprised if updates to the P4 platform included high speed data.

There are XML files in the program app dir. You could try modifying them to get the best bang for buck, but in the longer term you would probably be best creating a new ADX definition in tuner pro - its a much more capable product.

You can look at some of our definitions, such as in the OSE12P OS to see how a definition should be made (macros, configuration, etc).

Can you post up a picture of the circuit board?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ashhhhh

Post by ashhhhh »

Its definitely 8192.
I attached the XML above if youre interested. The creator says he based it off an existing one, or a few different ones.
I mainly want it as an accurate troubleshooting tool so just unsure how you actually go about identifying the correct values for the various items. As I mentioned the timing stats are just wrong, or at least I hope they are! Haha.

Yep ill take some pics shortly, ive got a spare ECU.
ashhhhh

Post by ashhhhh »

Here you go.
Attachments
IMG_20170814_181304.jpg
IMG_20170814_181147.jpg
IMG_20170814_181120.jpg
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Could be worth looking at running a 082 or a modded 808?
What transmission are you running here?
ashhhhh

Post by ashhhhh »

Manual 5 speed.
Those words are confusing and scary to me, lol. Is that an alternate ECU?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah they are older holden ones. Same size, same connectors, very similar. But you would need to compare wiring diagrams and see if any pins moved by the time this computer came out. Ive looked at a lot of simialr daewoo computers and they look pretty similar but have a newer ignition system. Your ignition being different would be the most likely problem with that idea.

A quick google just found this pic here https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewt ... =30#p34314 which will give you an idea how similar they are. Most the chips have the same numbers on them. That one I linked has the high speed comms chip, as does yours. The main IC numbers (U4, U8, U10, U11, U12) all seem to line up, so they are very closely related.

If you swapped to that computer you could run this software viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356

Theres a small chance that it'll also just run on your computer, but I wouldnt count on it. Surely some small detail will cause a problem. Would be interesting to burn 12P to a 32K chuip and test it, see if you get data out of it but dont try and start it with out some kind of tune work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Crank trigger and multi coil set up with a module from VL400.
Big job but well worth it here. Go big!
ashhhhh

Post by ashhhhh »

Are you aware of EFI Live (or Tuner Pro, which I think you can convert) definitions for those models?
I guess id prefer to stick with what ive got, it works fine aside from the annoying problem im troubleshooting. (my post in "GM ECU's")

This is crank triggered and multi coil already!