Cluster PPK Calculator

Programs / Tools / Scripts
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

Re: Cluster PPK Calculator

Post by megajuz3003 »

Holden202T wrote: which makes more sense when you said above that it was 6301 ppk and cluster read 41kph at 100 it works out to be needing a lot less than the 5591 target you had there.
According to what I found on the interwebs, LS1 auto with 3.07 and manual with 3.46 run the same ppk on the cluster (~6301) so I would hope the box I've got has a different speedo gear to what I was expecting otherwise I've been giving out bad info, that would make me feel real bad :cry:
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

What have you done about the ECU tune? Changed the computer.. or tried just editing your auto to suit the manual? Or full reflash to manual?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

Tazzi wrote:What have you done about the ECU tune? Changed the computer.. or tried just editing your auto to suit the manual? Or full reflash to manual?

retune for the ecu is happening next weekend, was supposed to be last weekend but he has been real busy with work to come round,

does the cluster PPK have anything to do with the ECU?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

megajuz3003 wrote:retune for the ecu is happening next weekend, was supposed to be last weekend but he has been real busy with work to come round,

Personally havent done the compare/change myself. But I do recall someone local with the exact same thing. They tried to modify the factory auto tune to suit the manual conversion, and the speed was waaaaaaaaay out. They took the ecu from the donor car, security linked it in and the speedo cal was much better... still needed slight tweak but nothing like the difference it had originally.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

Tazzi wrote:
megajuz3003 wrote:retune for the ecu is happening next weekend, was supposed to be last weekend but he has been real busy with work to come round,

Personally havent done the compare/change myself. But I do recall someone local with the exact same thing. They tried to modify the factory auto tune to suit the manual conversion, and the speed was waaaaaaaaay out. They took the ecu from the donor car, security linked it in and the speedo cal was much better... still needed slight tweak but nothing like the difference it had originally.

yea I've heard of some issues, its not just a trans flag change, but the problem is my tune isn't factory so I cant just throw in and relink a new ecu :( I do have factory manual and auto bins I'm planning on comparing them in tuner pro to see what I can work out from that.. hopefully the guy modding the ecu and I can work it out