Cluster PPK Calculator

Programs / Tools / Scripts
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

Re: Cluster PPK Calculator

Post by megajuz3003 »

The1 wrote:Just tried myself but it wont even run on windows 10 x64.

i use excel more these days for this type of thing, most people have it and you can do nearly anything in excel.

hum ok ive run it on

Win 10 x64
Server 2008 x64
Win 7 x86

no dramas at all, is it giving an error ?
The1

Post by The1 »

no error, exe just runs then quits.

I also have VS2017 installed so should be no issues about packages.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

It works fine for me on win7.
A couple of suggestions though:
- Is the initial splash screen necessary?
- The wheel size calculator - shouldn't it be tyre size calculator instead, seeing as it uses width and profile measurements?
- The wheel size PPK difference is reported in mm, would a percentage be more useful? Or present it in multiple ways, i.e. %, rolling circumference delta, and height delta?
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

festy wrote:It works fine for me on win7.
A couple of suggestions though:
- Is the initial splash screen necessary?
- The wheel size calculator - shouldn't it be tyre size calculator instead, seeing as it uses width and profile measurements?
- The wheel size PPK difference is reported in mm, would a percentage be more useful? Or present it in multiple ways, i.e. %, rolling circumference delta, and height delta?

Splash Screen definitely isn't necessary, was just toying with the idea, i like it but it serves no purpose

i thought using "wheel size" would mean both rim and tyre seeing it takes tyre width and profile plus rim size

i definitely want to add more to the wheel calculations but i think it should keep the difference between factory and new as rolling diameter difference in mm, so that way anyone can see what the actual difference is especially if they want to know if they are under that magic 15mm mark where fines come into play
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

No issues with program on Win 7 64bit.

Here is an interesting link I had bookmarked. It shows the mathematics to adjust PPK.

http://sikls1.v8owners.com.au/index23.html

Maybe its the same author as the software??

Cheers
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

L67PSI wrote:No issues with program on Win 7 64bit.

Here is an interesting link I had bookmarked. It shows the mathematics to adjust PPK.

http://sikls1.v8owners.com.au/index23.html

Maybe its the same author as the software??

Cheers
well at least i know my maths is right then :) but its not my site
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

one thing i want to see if i can work out is calculating a new PPK based on the difference between the cluster speed and a third party speed source say a GPS unit. but every time i try to work something out i come up about 1000 pulses either side of where i think it should be

Current PPK 6301
Target PPK 5591

GPS 100KPH
Cluster 41 KPH

im not sure if it can even be done with the data at hand
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'd rather an exe, I don't use or have office as I find it the biggest pita ever with all sorts of issues. I have it on my work PC and its a cunt as its the latest. One of the old server terminals have 2003 version which seems to run all of my calcs ok except for one.

I got many nice calculators only not to work with most excel versions and completely incompatible with open office as well. It's bs, all older excel version files should work with current versions. typical microshaft bs. Openoffice can't run half the stuff due to ms licensing everything so no one can use it without both kidneys being removed.

Well made exe would be nice as it can be made to run on majority of os as a stand alone.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

Ok so I just bought Tazzi's software so I can play around with getting my speedo accurate... I had to drop the ppk all the way down to 3000ppk, now it over reads by 5kph at 100kph so I am wondering what other factors come into it... and wondering if my maths is right

Gone from 4l60e with 3.07 diff gears and changes to a T-56 that should be 3.45, the guy I bough the box from said it came out of a VX Clubby but the only T56 with a different ratio was the GTS with 3.9 still not enough for the maths to be out that far. To be fair but I'm still running 3.07 diff gears
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hangon .... if your saying the diff gears are the same then the only difference will come from the speedo drive in the gearbox.

so that will depend on what gear ratio it uses from the sender to the gearbox main shaft, and it will also depend on what pulses per revolution difference there is between the two senders.

if you changed the ppk to 3000 and its out by 5 kph then i'd just offset the ppk by that percentage .... probably should mean something like 3150 will be needed to get it accurate.

which makes more sense when you said above that it was 6301 ppk and cluster read 41kph at 100 it works out to be needing a lot less than the 5591 target you had there.