OSEPlugin for Tunerpro 5 v1.80

Programs / Tools / Scripts
delcowizzid

Re: OSEPlugin for Tunerpro 5 v1.2.0

Post by delcowizzid »

plug-in two words for the plugin "bloody awesome" i played around with it while testing ketos ecu and usb once i figured out how to set it all going i was in
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah shes evolved from the first betas thats for sure!

i remember back in about 2005 i think it was when i got my first interface from VL400 he said he was going to work on software for it .... took a while but was worth it!
jezzab

Post by jezzab »

Having some issues with a VT GTS 355ci running NVRAM RT and one of VL400's internal comms boards.

OSEPlugin and TP5 Couldnt connect originally but Flashtool would connect and work perfectly. I shut the BCM up in Flashtune with F1,56,08 and it helped it connect. Still a little sketchy. I can read the bin out with OSEPlugin sometimes but when I turn on emulation and make a change and commit it, it will upload correctly the first time but the next time you do it, it fails until you reconnect and start the whole process again.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like bus chatter, it gets re-enabled when there is no activity for around 5 seconds. Currently the plugin does not disable any chatter or look for the heartbeat. Are you logging at the same time? With a ADX that disables chatter and seeks out the heartbeat it should connect and then keep the BCM chatter turned off as your always hitting the PCM for data.

This ADX seeks the heartbeat and also disables BCM chatter so can copy the connection part if your ADX does not do this .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=725
jezzab

Post by jezzab »

I wasnt logging because as soon as i hit the Start/Stop Scan in TP5 it crashes so I need to sort that issue out too. I was using VT_$A6_v1.0.adx
jezzab

Post by jezzab »

Well! I disable the BCM and connect in under 5 secs its fine.

The realtime updating works but it just says it failed to upload but it actually does upload. So im wrapped about that. Now to sort out this logging. Ive tried different ADX files and none of em seem to do anythen. I fire up the dashboard and hit the Acquire Data button and nothin. Nothing flashing on the Tx Rx on the comms board when i click the button or after I click it. I must be doing something wrong?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I'll need to get back in to the plugin and do some more testing and see if I can improve handling of bus chatter. I know there are currently issues in VT and newer (except for engine transplants where there is nothing else on the bus and its quiet) but due to a dead HDD and being too busy at work its been remaining on the to do list for longer than i'd like. :( Not sure when exactly I'll get a replacement disk and enough time to set everything up for it again, but will post back in this thread when it happens.

Also, be careful if it doesnt say 'upload success'. If the request was the bit that got clobbered then it wont have saved the change, but if it was the reply, then the changes will be saved. Dont assume its worked without 'upload success'.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Ive got a working visual studio machine now and the have pulled the code out of mothballs and it builds and loads on the latest TP5. Just need to find some more time to address the VT+ in car bus chatter now.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
js1973
cars: wh statesman

Post by js1973 »

I am using tp5 5.00.7273.00 with the latest plugin cxwb mod bin 16233396 VT V6 $A5.ads and VT V6 V1.8 $A5F.xdf.
I can get it to detect hardware and connect for data logging but the rpm is jumping all over the place and it crashes .
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yep, have tested this setup on my bench PCM and see your problem. It seems we only have an ads, not adx, and either there is a problem with the ads or tp5 is not importing it properly. Im seeing 4669 RPM constant with no engine attached (would expect zero rpm). We'll take a look at it.