antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: OSEPlugin for Tunerpro 5 v1.80

Post by antus »

OSEPlugin has been updated to version 1.80.

* This version handles the bus chatter on PCM vehicles much better, and removes the need for workarounds such as disconnecting the BCM while tuning which some people were using (Thanks psyolent for beta testing this functionality)
* It is built against VC 2017 so does not need additional runtimes installed
* Now has its own installer to simplify set up.

If you have placed oseplugin.dll in the tunerpro application dir in the past you will need to delete it from there to use v1.80.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bachig24u
cars: R33 Skyline, ethanol burning starlet turbo, yours until its tuned!

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Antus,
we have VT v8 HSV tune CNPK memcal having comms issues.
using VT V8 A6 enhanced 1.03 bin burnt directly to the Dallas 1245y from you guys.
Car starts and behaves on dyno as normal, but data acquisition, emulation and data tracing are all a bit haywire.
Emulation won't upload past about 1/3 of the blue upload bar, usually takes 3 or 4 attempts.
Data acquisition displays AFRs gauge responding very similar to a TPS switch, TPS doesn't move at all.
The data tracing on MAF tables justs sits pegged on last cell of each table and on any larger maps it just scoots up and down the first colmn when revving the engine.
Tried echo, VT tick box, 8192 baud, also the latest TunerPro has a habbit of just randomly closing.
it appears to be a bin address file /descriptor sort of issue.

We were thinking to switch the BCM comms wire but thought we'd ask for advice first.
Any help appreciated.
kr
Sime
Last edited by bachig24u on Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards
Sime
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

What XDF & ADX are you using?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

the ones that came in this zippy VT_V8_$A6E_Enhanced_v1.03
TP5ADXXDFBINA6VTV8.jpg
TP5ADXXDFBINA6VTV8.jpg (43.51 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

If the latest tunerpro is crashy, go back to an older one and try again later to see if its fixed. Thats a bad start.
If the ADX/XDF/BIN are all matching it should be ok. Correct settings are Echo, and VT. You can unplug the bcm for a test to see if it is an issue with chatter. If that solves it then the 'big hammer' option is switch on the BCM serial or aldl data line.
Another thing to try is as soon as it connects hit the start logging button. Do this within seconds. If the plugin is having trouble stopping the chatter from coming back, just keeping the bus busy should do the same, whether you keep the log or not.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I was using an older version until problem happened so i went for the latest. same same..

I'll try this magic wire thing as we tried disconnecting the one of plugs and then the other ones on BCM which caused more headaches.
i can try ther logging button also..

thanks.. should be back on the rollers today to try a few more things.
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I'd say get it working before hitting the rollers. You dont want to waste dyno time if you still have trouble and need more help. The PCM types can be a bit of a pain, and still to this day i've never had the whole car in front of me to troubleshoot live.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

its ok, it hasnt left the rollers yet. i need to tune it for the shop.

if you feel like a trip to NSW, i'll shout the ticket for a day trip. how soon can you get here?
Kind regards
Sime
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Haha that'd be nice. But i'm just back from a week off work and seeing chemical bros in qld. Have lots of stuff in $dayjob to deal with and cant spare a trip to nsw at the moment. Nice offer though, thanks. Seriously though if you and/or others want to put some money in to improving pcm support you can buy me a vt like this one and i'll see what I can do at home, in SA. https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item ... 383785233/