antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Post by antus »

I cant speak to that but I know Autel interfaces are a bit weird, so I dont like your chances. Not to say it definitely wont though.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Somewhere in this thread someone else already tried, it didn't work, and asked ... And like Antus mentioned, the Autel is a bit off the standard, but not a difficult fix.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

@besterhc - your post had nothing to do with this tool or pcm, so I moved it out to a new thread. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7972#p118141
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
modzer321
cars: wh statesman
vy ss
vt ss
vx clubsport
vt clubsport
vy clubsport

Post by modzer321 »

any chance of getting the source code so i add more feature to this
brcisna

Post by brcisna »

Hello.

Am wanting to experiment with this PowerPCM Flasher tool. Has anyone actually been able to upload a modded configuration to an GM E38 ECU with this tool?
I recently purchased an GM MDI2 clone ( which actually only functions as an MDI1,,which is well documented.)

Anyway on a newly purchased Chevrolet Suburban 2010,,with E38 ECU was able to do read successfully the ECU on the vehicle and saved. BUT!!! after a successful read,,and trying to start the truck ( I was sweating bulletts as this was first ever attempt at using both PowerPCM FLasher and the GM MDI2 clone,, not very smart in hindsight for sure),,, the truck would not turn over! Was about to cry! Went back out a couple times half hour later,,,trying to figure out what to do.
Disconnected battery for 5 minutes ,hooked back up,,and turned over ,,started fine. I think i did not do the 'disconnect 'button after reading. Not sure if this may have caused this snafoo.
Assume this gentleman has stopped putting time into this project?..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

brcisna,
Yes, unfortunately daniel2345 has not done further development, he got what he needed done and moved on ... Unfortunately like so many others capable of doing what he has done.

It is also very common for a no start after in vehicle programming has been done, this is due to the program sending a command to all modules on the bus to go silent until told it's ok to speak again, unfortunately some modules are like some people, they refuse to follow instruction!

A battery disconnect is the correct recovery technique ...

modzer321,
daniel2345 has made it clear he will not be releasing the source code ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
brcisna

Post by brcisna »

@Gampy

Thank You for the information.
Scared the behesus out of me,,as it looked like everything was hunky dory. So with my saved read dump... unhooking everything,,,thought,,"I better check make sure the battery doesn't seem low/run down". Keep in mind this was first stab at this game!
Turned key ,,dash lights came on,,and nothing when key twisted to crank position! Seriously thought i blanked out the ECU!
Did anyone ever confirm if this program would actually write a callibration to an ECU?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

yeah, you were on to it when you said you missed the step to exit the flash kernel. the factory software wasnt running and it was waiting for commands from the pc. hitting the disconnect button would have done it. cutting the power reset it instead.

There have been reports of success, but I dont think it is widely used. Now that you have read, you need a way of correctly modifying the file. if you have a healthy bin to write back, I think it will work for you. But if the car is critical to you make sure you know what you are doing. It is possible to break things.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I have used it, but it's been awhile. Bench programming is the way to use this tool. I honestly don't remember which one, but reading or writing would error out sometimes, Not too big a deal, just have to try it again. This was in vehicle, on the bench it works geat.
SoDiezl350
cars: 02 C5 Corvette
07 Saab 9-7x
F30 328i

Post by SoDiezl350 »

Just wanted to come in here and give a big thanks to everyone who contributed to this tool's development.
I also wanted to confirm what another member posted regarding being unable to get a VCX Nano (GM MDI/GDS2) to connect to my bench E67, despite the tool appearing to have initialized successfully.

On the bright side, I was able to read and write both stock and modified calibrations using an Amazon SM2 Pro clone without issue.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFNYTSTZ?ps ... ct_details
Attachments
12611938.bin
(2 MiB) Downloaded 138 times