PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Brian_Griffin
cars: Silverado, Trailblazer

Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Post by Brian_Griffin »

Anyone using a VCX nano with this program?
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Brian_Griffin wrote:Anyone using a VCX nano with this program?
If you are asking if it has been tested with the Nano I would have to say yes ... I do know some of the testers have Nano's at least.

I personally have not done so.

Are you having an issue with it ??
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
cars: lots of rustbuckets

Post by 71403 »

Thanks for your awesome work on this! Trying ver 0.0.0.6 with a VSI-2534 interface on Win7 by manually entering the dll path. Tried two different ECMs an '09 1265455 and a '12 12633238 both get the following error:

Code: Select all

connecting...
start diagnostic session (0x10 0x03)...ok.
disable normal communication (0x28)...ok.
security access (0x27)...
	 request seed...ok.
	 seed: 	 0x0000077D
	 key: 	 0x0000A185
	 sending key...ok.
request programming mode...ok.
sending enable programming mode...done.
downloading prog...
busy.
NOT ok, no reply frames (0x36).
prog download not ok.
upload flash...
NOT ok, (0x35).
*Debug*:  7F 35 11 AA AA AA AA
Have tried with a VCXNano also but even less success. This is on a bench with no other devices on the bus.
Francuzzz
cars: Hummer H2

Post by Francuzzz »

Hello! Thank you for this prog. Today tried it with Delco E38 and MDI, working good. I have one question, may be you know how to restore ECU after flashing with wrong OS or wrong year. ECU works now, but you can`t read or flash it. is there any way to recover, without soldering the flash chip from the ecu?
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Sorry but I'm kinda busy at the moment but worst case scenario you could use a bdm tool to read and write the cpu on the board.. You'd take the cover off and solder on some wires, wasn't too bad..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZN7BbgH9Qw&t=114s

Still might be able to flash it over obd2 but that'd take a bit of work and some custom software likely.. I have something around here when I bricked mine that let me save it when I wrote a newer OS over and older one.. It responded and worked but couldn't read the vin and wouldn't flash.. never got it off the bench so I don't know if it would have run..
Francuzzz
cars: Hummer H2

Post by Francuzzz »

Thank you for your answer! I will try to look for additional detailed information on this matter. The old ecu had to open the lid, unsolder all the legs in order to get to the back side of the board and reflash the information through the programmer. But this is a rather long process.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Do you have a Y cable? do you have a 2nd J2534 device?
I'm definitely not an expert here but I've screwed up my bench E38 plenty of times.. Wrong OS and calibration I have been able to fix with flashing.. Curious what the response is for some commands, would help if you had a second device to log what happens..
roughneck427
cars: 2002 Camaro
2008 Pontiac G8

Post by roughneck427 »

Francuzzz wrote:Hello! Thank you for this prog. Today tried it with Delco E38 and MDI, working good. I have one question, may be you know how to restore ECU after flashing with wrong OS or wrong year. ECU works now, but you can`t read or flash it. is there any way to recover, without soldering the flash chip from the ecu?

it probably corrupted the seed/key. Does the program show what your seed is?
craven_pwr
cars: Mercedes, corvette

Post by craven_pwr »

initialising Tool J2534 PassThru
Autel Intelligent Tech Inc. - MaxiFlash Pro...
NOT ok: init: 14
I get this when i try to connct to my autel J3534 interface, Ive even used it on the brute force programm and it worked on that .
I see others have had success reading and writing to E38 PCMs , Im not sure what Im doing wrong.... anyone have any ideas?
Ive checked the location of the .DLL and its fine

Thanks
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

craven_pwr wrote:initialising Tool J2534 PassThru
Autel Intelligent Tech Inc. - MaxiFlash Pro...
NOT ok: init: 14
I get this when i try to connct to my autel J3534 interface, Ive even used it on the brute force programm and it worked on that .
I see others have had success reading and writing to E38 PCMs , Im not sure what Im doing wrong.... anyone have any ideas?
Ive checked the location of the .DLL and its fine

Thanks
It looks like you did type in your location instead of the "C:\Program Files (x86)\GM MDI Software\Products\MDI\Dynamic Link Libraries\BVTX4J32.dll"? Was there more than 1 location or file?

I don't remember what or if they do anything but click on debug msgs and the dl8 ignore and see if there's any change or more feedback?
Daniel might chime in but he only has time to vist here now and then.. Someone else might have had this problem with your device already, take some time when you have a minute and read thru all the posts on this..