PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Programs / Tools / Scripts
marcohdh

Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Post by marcohdh »

Hi,
here you have a screenshot. i have tested the new version
2021-05-22 01_18_52-C__Users_marco_OneDrive_Desktop_Brute force.testbuild.0.0.1_ECU_brute_force.exe.png
2021-05-22 01_18_52-C__Users_marco_OneDrive_Desktop_Brute force.testbuild.0.0.1_ECU_brute_force.exe.png (35.56 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

marcohdh wrote:Hi,
here you have a screenshot. i have tested the new version

https://mega.nz/file/vO4gRQyb#-pdyztu7b ... E0rFtSQNFA
Thanks for the screen shot, wish I could give you more info, did you try continuing? Same blank response message? Looks like it's getting a buffer empty response instead of any messages. May or may not be sending messages?

Might be something different with your Tactrix that is making my code mess up.

The PowerPcm flasher that Daniel wrote is using code from pcm hammer and I am using a different dll with my brute force program. The PowerPCM program seems to be communicating ok where mine is not getting any kind of a response.

Hopefully your going to chime in tomorrow morning and tell me the ign switch was off on the bench harness, lol.. Maybe even just try powerPCM flasher and make sure that's still reading the seed correctly?

I'll dig around a little tonight but not having your tool in front of me is going to add to tie difficulty, one suggestion is to either chime in on my bruteforce post or start your own post including links to this dialog or even cut and paste to get people up to speed and see if anyone has some brute force code written that uses the pcm hammer J2534 code..

Good luck!!!
marcohdh

Post by marcohdh »

when i confirm the message i get the same message again. like in a loop.

The LED on the Tacxtrix briefly blick 3 times, but as you say it get no response from the ecu.

sorry the ignition switch is on. lol

I will open a new topic for this problem maybe I will have more luck. Thanks for the tips and your help

I have another screenshot from the E55 tool. Here I get a response from the ECU.
2021-05-22 10_58_55-C__Users_marco_OneDrive_Desktop_E55Tool-VZ.exe.png
2021-05-22 10_58_55-C__Users_marco_OneDrive_Desktop_E55Tool-VZ.exe.png (23.95 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Let's clear up some things and spread some understanding ...
ironduke wrote:The PowerPcm flasher that Daniel wrote is using code from pcm hammer
That is incorrect ... PowerPCM_Flasher is written in pure procedural C, PCMHammer is written C#. That would require interoperability code, a horrendous nightmare for no reason!
daniel2345 wrote:Thanks alot :)

Sure, oldscool C. No classes, lots of pointers :D

As in the good old days ;)
ironduke wrote:see if anyone has some brute force code written that uses the pcm hammer J2534 code..
Ummm, PCMHammer's code is hardwired for J1850VPW it will not work with the Tactrix ...
However, it is just a couple of simple changes that would allow the initialization of a J2534 tool using other protocols, however PCMHammer's code would still be broke ... It only knows VPW.

Tazzi's DLL is basically the same as the DLL you are using except without all the helper crap that should be left to the calling application in the first place.
Tazzi's dll is basically just a simple C <-> C# J2534 interoperability dll as an interoperability dll should be.
Leave functionality to the application ...

And because PowerPCM_Flasher is written in C, it does not need an interoperability dll, it can communicate directly with the devices 'C' declared J2534 API ...
Last edited by Gampy on Sat May 22, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy, sorry for not being exact and specific.. What I was talking about is how he used "SOMETHING" from pcmhammer to get the gm mdi AND other j2534 devices to talk to his software..

Not that it matters since the E55 tool is talking to it and that uses some of my code and the same dll so I have something screwed up with my brute force tool.. I just saw that this morning..

from one of the first posts on page 1.. From NSFW.. I did use the quote command but don't think it worked the way I thought it would..
Welcome to the forum!

You might consider taking the code from the Devices and Ports directories of the PcmLibrary and PcmLibraryWindowsForms projects here:

https://github.com/LegacyNsfw/PcmHacks/ ... velop/Apps

That gives a Device base class with derived classes for all of the interfaces mentioned above. If you revise your app to use the Device class instead of talking to the Dice hardware directly, you can support the same set of devices. And maybe write a DiceDevice class for compatibility with that hardware.

The ELM and J2534 device classes are pretty mature, the XPro works but is still changing regularly (and the hardware isn't for sale yet), and the AVT code used to work... but something went wrong there and we need to investigate. Future changes will probably be small though, and you can pull the fixes from the PcmHack code when the bugs get worked out.
Last edited by ironduke on Sat May 22, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Marcohdh, I saw that you used the E55 tool and it worked for you, which bugs the crap out of me since I helped very slightly with that program with connecting to the J2534 devices and he used some of my code.. My program should work, but it doesn't.. :comp:

The E55 code does connect slightly differently so i changed my code to connect the same way, I added more debug(again) and I also moved the getting Vin to a separate command, that's a multiline reponse and maybe I am not handling ti correctly and screwing everything up after that?

I also noticed he is sending all 12 bytes even of the last 6 are empty, I haven't been doing that, haven't had a problem except for when I am writing calibraiton files to the ecu, well until now anyways.. I resolved that as well..

Hopefully you get something of a response now, have not tested this version on a vehicle yet, the other versions bench tested fine for me on an E38 and E78 and E92, your working with an E67, should be the same as an E38(I think) a far as talking to it??

anyways, thanks for being the guniea pig, good luck..
Brute force.testbuild.0.0.2.7z
(24.72 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
marcohdh

Post by marcohdh »

thank you for your effort. It seems to work with your new build.
2021-05-22 22_12_23-Microsoft Store.png
2021-05-22 22_12_23-Microsoft Store.png (48.11 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

marcohdh wrote:thank you for your effort. It seems to work with your new build.

https://mega.nz/file/uTBBRQhQ#FNYxaf7Vq ... Yoc3SN3kFc
Excellent, tested this build and it worked ok with an E38 and E78 so I do not think I broke anything.. Posted up on the topic I started with the bruteforcer.. Thanks for the tesing!!!!!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

ironduke wrote:Gampy, sorry for not being exact and specific.. What I was talking about is how he used "SOMETHING" from pcmhammer to get the gm mdi AND other j2534 devices to talk to his software..
Just trying to clear up the miss leading statements ...

He did not use anything from PCMHammer as implied.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
marcohdh

Post by marcohdh »

Thanks to you and to the Bruteforce tool. Found the right key with it.

Really great work. Thank you very much for your effort.