PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Programs / Tools / Scripts
craven_pwr
cars: Mercedes, corvette

Re: PowerPCM_Flasher: my tool for E38 and E67

Post by craven_pwr »

there is only one location for the .dll and when I click on the initialize button it looks like it connects to the j2534 according to the lights on it but then it displays the message and wont connect any farther.. Ive also tried the debugging settings but still nothing... It's like it is almost there but not quite...
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

craven_pwr wrote:there is only one location for the .dll and when I click on the initialize button it looks like it connects to the j2534 according to the lights on it but then it displays the message and wont connect any farther.. Ive also tried the debugging settings but still nothing... It's like it is almost there but not quite...
As gampy is stating I think there is a slight difference in the way your tool is responding. Do you happen to have a Y cable for the dlc connector and another tool that can log the messages? If Daniel is willing to work on the code he will need to see how your tool is responding and what the issue is..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Effort not necessary, the issue is known, Autel responses have a CRC byte, other tools do not.

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:Effort not necessary, the issue is known, Autel responses have a CRC byte, other tools do not.

-Enjoy

I don't know about a crc byte with canbus communications but I did rethink and it's not even passing the init so we're not even to the point of looking at messages anyways, it'd be pointless in either case..
FriskyDingo

Post by FriskyDingo »

71403 wrote:Thanks for your awesome work on this! Trying ver 0.0.0.6 with a VSI-2534 interface on Win7 by manually entering the dll path. Tried two different ECMs an '09 1265455 and a '12 12633238 both get the following error:

Code: Select all

connecting...
start diagnostic session (0x10 0x03)...ok.
disable normal communication (0x28)...ok.
security access (0x27)...
	 request seed...ok.
	 seed: 	 0x0000077D
	 key: 	 0x0000A185
	 sending key...ok.
request programming mode...ok.
sending enable programming mode...done.
downloading prog...
busy.
NOT ok, no reply frames (0x36).
prog download not ok.
upload flash...
NOT ok, (0x35).
*Debug*:  7F 35 11 AA AA AA AA
Have tried with a VCXNano also but even less success. This is on a bench with no other devices on the bus.
What version vxmanager are you using? The j2534 driver used to do generic j2534 but now it only works on the brand the device is for.

You will need to use an older version of the j2534 driver, I use 04.04.160831. Just open it click uninstall then reboot the pc and open it again and install.
Attachments
VCX Passthru Driver(SAE-J2534-2).zip
(897.09 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

ironduke wrote:I don't know about a crc byte with canbus communications but I did rethink and it's not even passing the init so we're not even to the point of looking at messages anyways, it'd be pointless in either case..
Lower function, it would affect them all ...

So the "the init" process doesn't expect responses from the tool ??

ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Gampy wrote:
ironduke wrote:I don't know about a crc byte with canbus communications but I did rethink and it's not even passing the init so we're not even to the point of looking at messages anyways, it'd be pointless in either case..
Lower function, it would affect them all ...

So the "the init" process doesn't expect responses from the tool ??
Not sure what you mean by lower function? I'm aware the vpw has a crc at the end, never read of one for canbus? Not saying it's not there, just don't know of it having one.. When I wrote some code for arduino and vpw I could ignore it when reading but needed to calculate it when sending to the ecu if I remember right, that was many years ago with my 04 S10.. I was only reading coolant temp, vehicle speed, and a/c request for cooling fan control so it wasn't mission critical..

As far as the init finction all I'm saying is the init function is likely not going to send a message on the canbus with an init command, I'm assuming that's setting the J2534 device for canbus, setting pins(if needed), baud rate, what type of communication,filters,etc..
These messages would be from software to tool, I don't think a Y cable and another J2534 device would see this happening.. Course I didn't write the program so I don't know exactly what it is in fact doing..

Just trying to help and offer suggestions, keep em coming..
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Forget about canbus or vpw, that's high level ... it's the low level communication between the device and the devices driver on the host.

We are way off topic, I'm done here ... This is not the place.

Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

So I was wondering if anyone has read an e40 ECM yet? And can you use a nano with this or just a MDI? Thanks in advance