Tunerpro checksum plugins for GM PCM files

Programs / Tools / Scripts
bubba2533
cars: 03 Chevy S10 Turbo V6

Re: Tunerpro checksum plugins for GM PCM files

Post by bubba2533 »

I'm getting an error when trying to update OS checksum.

I'm using the latest version of TunerPro (V5.00.9816.00). I wanted to post here before posting on the TunerPro forum to see if it's something to do with the dll file.

I downloaded the latest from the GitHub repo to make sure it wasn't outdated. https://github.com/joukoy/gm-checksum-p ... ree/master
Checksum Error.JPG
Checksum Error.JPG (16.28 KiB) Viewed 2512 times
This is with my Custom OS V3 and a factory 12587603 Bin file.

I'm pretty sure I used it before without issue on an older version of TunerPro, but I can't confirm since the last version that can be downloaded is 5.00.9209.00 and the next release (5.00.9237.00) had some fixes for the checksum errors. My XDF is also not backwards compatible with 5.00.9209.00 so I couldn't even test it.

I'm not sure if there is anything else that can be tested.
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Hmmm, looks like I'm unable to select the correct dll in TunerPro even though it is in the correct folder "C:\Users\bubba2533\Documents\TunerPro Files\Plugins"
No DLL Listed.png
No DLL Listed.png (14.77 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
LS1 Boost OS V3 Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread. Support future development ->Patreon.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I was able to get it to work with this XDF viewtopic.php?f=42&t=7685

And the DLL shows up for that XDF just fine.
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

I'm thinking this might be a TunerPro bug so I posted there.

http://forum.tunerpro.net/viewtopic.php?t=6633
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you cut n paste the link from the title of the exact post that has the file you can post a deep link direct to it. Im not sure where the plugin is from the link to the 10 page thread.

But if it works with that one, then it just means the XDF was written with that one. There are about 3 or 4 equivalent plugins but with different GUIDs and tunerpro stores the GUID of the plugin the author used in the XDF, so it has to be the right one.

How we got to this place was because I wrote the original one then an ebay seller stole it and patched the GUID and the patched out the credits and sold it online as part of a package, then patched it for 1mb and added another guid. Without the credits people got it and started using it before I noticed what was going on. At that point it got messy and another one was created by the universal patcher author and he has maintained it and I think that's the one most commonly used and it is supported so is the best one to keep useing. But there are still some XDFs around that need the original one or one of the patched/hacked ones.

If your collecting files you should keep them all together I guess for the widest coverage when you install tunerpro.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

Even if I start a new XDF that plugin doesn't show up, so I think there is something wrong with TunerPro.

Here is the DLL https://github.com/joukoy/gm-checksum-plugins "GM-P01-P59-checksum-plugin.dll"
bubba2533

Post by bubba2533 »

FYI, my issue was fixed with a TunerPro update.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good to hear, I never got a reply from my email pointing it out, but at least its resolved. That probably means the oseplugin load problem is fixed too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396