VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Programs / Tools / Scripts
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Post by hsv08 »

Heres the .bin of a factory PIM, straight from GM they have set the numeric value "0" as hex value $00 which comes up as the ascii character " . "
So to use this ecu on another car, you need to keep the PIM and ECU together as the "pair" and link the cars BCM to them instead as you cant physically reset ECU.
I have come across this 6 times on the 134 ecus i have reset and reused

Perhaps The1 maybe able to add the ability to write the ECU pin number in a hex value or an option to attempt to unlock ecu by hex value instead of numerically?
PIM .png
PIM .png (22.5 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
The1

Post by The1 »

Yep resetting a PIM still retains the pin code it has, it just allows the use of the relink command to send it's security code off to the ecu. Then when rerunning the Relink it just uses the pin code in the PIM to send to the ECU.

Tazzi had the same issue and he tried making it work but couldn't reset the ecu, the issue is that the memory is actually blank, there is no value there, the character there your looking at is nothing, the . just represents nothing, ASCII . is 2E hex , the only thing you could try is reset the PIM, change the PIM's pin code just the last digit then run the relink and see if it fixes up the missing digit? But because it's status is linked it prob wont. Id suspect the writing process in the factory missed the last bit.

Im going to try but not expecting the PIM to support read or write by memory address over CAN.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:Yep resetting a PIM still retains the pin code it has, it just allows the use of the relink command to send it's security code off to the ecu. Then when rerunning the Relink it just uses the pin code in the PIM to send to the ECU.

Tazzi had the same issue and he tried making it work but couldn't reset the ecu, the issue is that the memory is actually blank, there is no value there, the character there your looking at is nothing, the . just represents nothing, ASCII . is 2E hex , the only thing you could try is reset the PIM, change the PIM's pin code just the last digit then run the relink and see if it fixes up the missing digit? But because it's status is linked it prob wont. Id suspect the writing process in the factory missed the last bit.

Im going to try but not expecting the PIM to support read or write by memory address over CAN.
That makes a whole ton more sense then what i said! haha. :)
The1

Post by The1 »

julespatch wrote:brilliant!! who do make the cheque out to? :D
Donations are in the program header, used for more devs.
jxx
cars: To many

Post by jxx »

hsv08 wrote:Heres the .bin of a factory PIM, straight from GM they have set the numeric value "0" as hex value $00 which comes up as the ascii character " . "
So to use this ecu on another car, you need to keep the PIM and ECU together as the "pair" and link the cars BCM to them instead as you cant physically reset ECU.

Perhaps The1 maybe able to add the ability to write the ECU pin number in a hex value or an option to attempt to unlock ecu by hex value instead of numerically?
PIM .png
Have come across that also, they can be reset, the code for that one is 0441
The1

Post by The1 »

thats interesting then if it is that number, so it treats the last digit as the first digit and blank as a 0
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

jxx wrote:
hsv08 wrote:Heres the .bin of a factory PIM, straight from GM they have set the numeric value "0" as hex value $00 which comes up as the ascii character " . "

PIM .png
Have come across that also, they can be reset, the code for that one is 0441
Oh really? Never thought of swapping that blank to the front Instead.

Will try and reinduce that same pin to an ecu and go about swapping that blank for a zero but at the front.
jxx

Post by jxx »

Thought it was like a BCM number when you pull that with some scantools, they spit out a 5 digit instead of 6, so tried this one with 0707 and it reset.
707.jpg
707.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 1585 times
And yeah, interesting how it moves the 00 to the front and essentially is a 3 digit code.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

jxx wrote:Thought it was like a BCM number when you pull that with some scantools, they spit out a 5 digit instead of 6, so tried this one with 0707 and it reset.
707.jpg
Wicked, It may well be just as you say. Will try and write one or two today like above and see what i come up with
jxx

Post by jxx »

Okay, update time, good, not so good and really not good.

The Ecm and Pim are in vehicle and linked to the BCM, car starts and runs.

Still unable to reset the ecm (not game to reset PIM just yet until I backup the prom)

And the worst part.... can't replace the PIM.
Thought I'd throw a reset pim in and replace it, hoped it would then update the ecm with a new pin and possibly be able to reset it.
Goes through all the motions, asks for pin and confirm pin, then fails with "conditions not okay"... this pair is now seems to be monogamous for life.

Will try and rewrite the PIM with a legit pin and see if it'll allow reset ecm then, but not hopeful.