VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Programs / Tools / Scripts
jxx
cars: To many

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Post by jxx »

Without setting anyone on a rant..... VXDiag manager/driver basically intercepts and pretends to be whatever OEM to the device and vise-versa, complain and b*#% all you want elsewhere, it's cheap and works.
Pretty sure it's in their official docs somewhere how it works by emulating and tricking programs to believe that a hammer is a hammer no matter what it looks like, but if it works like a hammer then who cares... found an Ericsson GA628 in a box the other day with the 1200mah battery, bet if i hit something/someone with it..... it'd be successful.
The1

Post by The1 »

defiantly mate, im not worried about it, was only annoying when i was wanting to test each device and just wanted everyone to know it was an issue and to be aware of it. Id rather use the vxdiag anyway, i actually have 2 of them so i can use tech2win and monitor at same time.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Tazzi wrote:ftdi chipset?? I know the VCX Diag definitely uses FTDI.
If the Tactrix uses a FTDI chip it's doing a good job of hiding it in the Enum\usb entries. That's not saying it does not.
jxx wrote:Without setting anyone on a rant..... VXDiag manager/driver basically intercepts and pretends to be whatever OEM to the device and vise-versa, complain and b*#% all you want elsewhere, it's cheap and works.
Pretty sure it's in their official docs somewhere how it works by emulating and tricking programs to believe that a hammer is a hammer no matter what it looks like, but if it works like a hammer then who cares... found an Ericsson GA628 in a box the other day with the 1200mah battery, bet if i hit something/someone with it..... it'd be successful.
Why would anyone rant because you don't care ... That's your prerogative!

VXDiag Manager/Driver can't intercept or pretend if it ain't running.

If the goal is to run them both at the same time ... That _might_ be impossible, all I would expect is to be able to use them individually on the same machine without having to uninstall one and install the other or dual boot etc... etc...

I'm not worried about it either ... just curious as hell and wanting to figure it out.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

jxx wrote:Without setting anyone on a rant..... VXDiag manager/driver basically intercepts and pretends to be whatever OEM to the device and vise-versa, complain and b*#% all you want elsewhere, it's cheap and works.
lmao, sorry if you weren't intending it to be funny, don't think anyone is ranting..

ok ok ok.. I get that it makes anything look like a hammer... But can me make a hammer still look like a hammer while that's making a screwdriver look like a hammer??? lmao..

I'm curious how it works too, almost thinking of ordering a VXdiag just to play with.. kinda too much on my plate at the moment though..
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Can anybody load up the VCX.dll?

I think my Antivirus chocked on it and i cant recover. tried reinstalling everything but still getting the failed "ERROR: Loadlibrary(VCX.dll) ErrorCode = 126"
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Are you trying to load it stand alone ... i.e. No device ??
Did you supply it with all it's imports ??

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Gampy wrote:Are you trying to load it stand alone ... i.e. No device ??
Did you supply it with all it's imports ??
Yeah fresh install downloaded from the vxdiag site. But doesn't seem to load the vcx.dll

Anti-virus is off. Hoping to just supply it to see if it will work. Don't normally have this issue. So not sure what's going on.

Doesn't matter if I install with vcx plugged in or not
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Look in the virus software and see if it's quarantined the file ...

What is sending that message, what program ??

hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Gampy wrote:Look in the virus software and see if it's quarantined the file ...

What is sending that message, what program ??
The vx manager is sending that error message. As soon as you click ok, and click any part of the vx manager menu it just closes.

Yea originally it did quarantine it. I restored but it said the files were corrupt. I have then tried to remove VX manager and reinstall several times with no luck.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

After you uninstall, check all the places it shits and ensure it's not leaving brown stripes behind (i.e. leaving particulate behind), also ensure your virus scanner has no knowledge of it.

If you need help with the locations, lets go PM or in another thread so we don't keep cluttering The1's thread ...