STiC Technology SVCI J2534 Tool

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Gampy

Re: STiC Technology SVCI J2534 Tool

Post by Gampy »

Thank you for the thought!

I don't think so, I have looked ...

It is the same settings I use on all other devices, besides the command interpreter is in control at this point.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

it wont be the only device that doesnt do vpw that claims it does. The popular Tactrix interface advertise that they do, but do not. Also many of the slightly older ebay elm clones that came out had the vpw part of the circuit removed external to the clone main chip to make it cheaper. They knew most people were using it with can, so they mostly got away with it. I would say that its some kind of buggy clone chip, probably based on hacked up early elm firmware, or maybe hacked up allpro firmware or maybe its a stand alone code base of very dubious quality. It almost certainly not a genuine elm (or equivalent clone) or stn chip. It also doesnt make sense that it has elm and j2534 since one protocol is syncronous and one is async, but it could have both looking for intentionally wide compatibility but falling short due to bugs and incomplete firmware on both sides.

Looking at a random add for the device on alibaba its very specific which software it works with. I'd say firmware has only implemented the bare minimum functions these tools use. Maybe try ELMconfig (whats that?) or Forscan and see what it does? Or one of the old TIS or IDS apps it lists. I reckon its the bare minimum those tools and versions need. You might be able to log communications with it and see what it is doing, but I doubt you'll be able to use it as a multi purpose tool. :thumbdown:

edit:
elmconfig looks like this ford tool https://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfi ... functions/
forscan is here https://forscan.org/home.html
Attachments
H00a7fea17f9e42678e62c57995236827y.jpg
H00a7fea17f9e42678e62c57995236827y.jpg (76.92 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

I as well suspect VPW is not hooked up, only IMO it's so they can sell more devices by making them vehicle specific, not to save a few cents.
PuTTY-Com3-Com5-PcmConnect.png
PuTTY-Com3-Com5-PcmConnect.png (12.1 KiB) Viewed 3364 times
On the left is a SparkFun OBD-II UART (STN1110), on the right is the Shenzhen STIC technology co., LTD SVCI J2534 in ELM327 mode claiming to be a STN1170 v3.3.1. (I should have shown 'ST I' results)

On the left I was able to type in each command ... On the right they had to be pasted.

Hopefully I'll get to pull this thing apart soon, if not I'm going to order one ... Curiosity is killing me!

Antus, it does have a switch to flip between the two. (ELM/Jtool)

[edit]
I suspect it does work for IDS and ForScan, that is what it is targeting ... I have no use for them, our toys would kick a Ford to the curb!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Welp, I haven't heard back on my offer, I decided I'll pay the price whatever it may be and pulled it apart!

And it's powered by a STMicroelectronics 32F107 ARM processor.

And as expected there is no OBD Solutions STN1170 chip that it reports itself as in ELM327 mode ... And doing a very poor job of emulating at that!
PuTTY-Enter-ATE1-ATI-STI.png
PuTTY-Enter-ATE1-ATI-STI.png (2.78 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
The bonus, Got it apart without fouling the foil tamper seal! I'm sure I could put it back together and no one would know the difference!

Just cell phone images ... Click to zoom.
Top.jpg
Bottom.jpg

antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep cheap clones and dodgy soft. Enough to do your head in and cause nightmares! I cant see from those which is the VPW pin and where its not connected :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Looks like the great Chinese pretenders. Why do they go to so much trouble to make shit copies and save a few cents.
jxx
cars: To many

Post by jxx »

antus wrote:Yep cheap clones and dodgy soft. Enough to do your head in and cause nightmares! I cant see from those which is the VPW pin and where its not connected :)
*scratches head*
VPW neg to pin 6 U8 (CAN L)
VPW pos rough guess pin 7 U10 (CAN H)

Why use 1 CAN transceiver when you can use 2...

They come in different colors.... the price tags seem a bit insane though anywhere from $200usd to $800usd
SVCI J2534 red    ford/mazda
SVCI JLR green    Jag/landrover
SVCI ING blue     Infiniti/Nissan/GTR

At least they're making them more compact now.... unlike these old ones.....
VCMII.jpg
VCMII.jpg (106.99 KiB) Viewed 3305 times
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Is there something wrong with the images that does not allow it to be seen ??
I can take others, I just need to know!

I cannot imagine the time it took to code the STN1170 emulation is cheaper then the few pieces of hardware it would take to use a genuine STN chip even though they are near ten $US each.
J2534, different matter, there is no chip (at least that I've found), it's all firmware. Somebody needs to do a J2534 chip.

It's called GREED!
I'm serious, one could literary box up a pile of fresh stinky dog shit and sell it for $5 as a pile of fresh stinky dog shit and make a million bucks just because there is enough suckers out there that would buy it.
That does not mean you should ... And that's the problem in today's world, a lack of morals.

[rant]
People cannot continue to ignore what is not liked, it allows the shit to rise to the top, everyone MUST speak up about wrongs!
I personally have been involved in a crime where the dozen or so people watching didn't see anything and the MF got away with it because the onlookers didn't want to get involved ...

That's why I do shit like this thread ... I would much rather look the fool, then be the fool!
[/rant]

jxx
cars: To many

Post by jxx »

Not the image quality, just you can't see where the tracks on the board actually go (ignore my pic, it's terrible quality).

My guess for where OBD pin 10 goes is that it goes to a via on one side which is not visible on the other and roughly places to ic U10, it could go to U8 also but can't see any tracks under the chip.

Meh, todays world, if you can save 1 cent each on 1 million units and sell them all that's a $10,000 profit.... but i reckon they'd be making a lot more per unit than that lol.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

OBD Pin 10 goes down a via and comes back up a via under Q3, goes under R27 to Q1, I think they call it Pin1, it's the single pin by where it says R30.