VXDiag VCX Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Post by Tazzi »

ironduke wrote: The SD card holds the OS configuration files? I know it has flash inside, but some of the OS or something is stored on the SD card, no idea why though.. You can't use it without it.. Error with a bad SD card is occasional boots with red beeping and red light on the MDI and fialing to connect with the MDI manager.. something is glitching, I assume they used real real cheap SD cards since when I change it out with a spare the problems go away..
They all do that. I have a replacement SD card in mine after doing the serial edit. The issue is the two boards that join will eventually move or bend, and eventually not make full contact.
I either give it a bit of a wack on the bottom to relign them if I do not want ot pull it apart, otherwise I pull it apart, pull the two main boards apart, clean the connections and reassemble.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

They sound worse then the Nano and it's greedy paranoia hurdles and hoops ...

The SD card is prepped how ??

Someone has to break this greedy paranoia loop and release an affordable clean open source device for all vehicles!
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

That's why marijuana was made illegal. Not because of the drug problems but greedy Nylon manufacturers.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

What does Marijuana have to do with Nylon ??

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

It's the product potential and how easy it was to grow and process. Nylon was controlled by multinational companies that levied the US government to ban Marijuana. An example of greed and profit.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Nylon wasn't even invented yet when Marijuana was vilified ...

It was William Randolph Hearst Sr. that villainized Marijuana and lobbied the US Government to ban it, hemp pulp products were competition to his wood pulp products.
The news clippings still exist ...

And how right he was, hemp products are superior in many ways, lighter, thinner, stronger, lasts longer and is a annually renewable resource unlike trees that take 20 plus years to grow the pecker poles they call trees today!

Either way it's still all about GREED!

Proof that a Democracy cannot survive in a Capitalistic society ... Capitalism trumps Democracy!

Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I fully agree. My research does put nylon products on the scene at that time as well as paper big time. DuPont in the 1930's with Nylon and many other petroleum products was a major player in those days. My point as you said the big players controlling the majority of society. These arseholes have had a big part in our global problem with pollution. I'm rambling but getting back to the point you raised big player control the little operator as is with tuning software and everything else in our lives.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Big Business is just that, Big Business!

Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:Someone has to break this greedy paranoia loop and release an affordable clean open source device for all vehicles!
Its easy to see how business become greedy and start ramping up prices once they corner a market, since they see it as "Oh, no one else can do it so we can charge more".

There are open source options, its just the fact that theres not many people that go to the extent of making a free 'commercial grade' option due to the time required to be invested.
Pete and I's goal is to make an affordable tool that caters to multiple existing programs, along with future ones. So it may not be free and open source, but it certainly isn't going to be hundreds of dollars like many scantools, especially those that are J2534 complaint.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

Anyone knows an affordable j-tool that supports chrysler SCI protocol.