VXDiag VCX Nano

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby The1 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:14 pm

vxdiag driver "reports" that it does? this is the one i have here, usb version.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301618 ... 4c4dHHTZ12

vxdiag.JPG
vxdiag.JPG (59.53 KiB) Viewed 373 times

User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby Gampy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:13 pm

I would be extremely interested to know if that GM/Opel Nano works on FCA.
Windows 10 is like an off idle flat spot ... It stumbles when it's time to go!

User avatar
Posts: 2408
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby Tazzi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:45 am

The1 wrote:vxdiag driver "reports" that it does? this is the one i have here, usb version.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301618 ... 4c4dHHTZ12

vxdiag.JPG


Huh.... says GM UART there.... I wonder if they have updated to add its support finally....
I know last time i tried, it absolutely did not accept the protocol. Going to try that right now.

*Edit
Nope, still get a 'ERROR INVALID PROTOCOL ID'.
Which means it doesnt believe its a supported protocol. Exact same code works fine with an MDI.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 pm
Location: Vic

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby jxx » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:19 pm

I recently purchased a nano because it said it supported gm uart..... it doesn't or the wrong pin is connected to the obd plug, but i can't get the thing apart to check that.

Gampy wrote:I would be extremely interested to know if that GM/Opel Nano works on FCA.


FCA?
If you mean the vxdiag ford driver, then no.
It works off the serial number of the device to which driver will work, if you can change the serial GM and FM then it'd work.

User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby Gampy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:49 pm

That tool from DrewTech (J2534-1Tool-0404.exe) just displays whatever is in the registry for the device, not whether it actually supports the advertised protocols.
One would need to 'Open' then 'Connect' with each advertised protocol observing the error code to find out what protocols are actually supported.

FCA = Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Windows 10 is like an off idle flat spot ... It stumbles when it's time to go!

User avatar
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby The1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:24 pm

Tazzi wrote:
The1 wrote:vxdiag driver "reports" that it does? this is the one i have here, usb version.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301618 ... 4c4dHHTZ12

vxdiag.JPG


Huh.... says GM UART there.... I wonder if they have updated to add its support finally....
I know last time i tried, it absolutely did not accept the protocol. Going to try that right now.

*Edit
Nope, still get a 'ERROR INVALID PROTOCOL ID'.
Which means it doesnt believe its a supported protocol. Exact same code works fine with an MDI.


Yeh im finding with alot of cables the drivers might say it supports it but obviously the firmware on the cable wasn't done.

User avatar
Posts: 4456
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:23 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby The1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:25 pm

jxx wrote:I recently purchased a nano because it said it supported gm uart..... it doesn't or the wrong pin is connected to the obd plug, but i can't get the thing apart to check that.

Gampy wrote:I would be extremely interested to know if that GM/Opel Nano works on FCA.


FCA?
If you mean the vxdiag ford driver, then no.
It works off the serial number of the device to which driver will work, if you can change the serial GM and FM then it'd work.


yeh vxdiag licencing is another issue ontop. I was just using that tool to poke the driver capability.

User avatar
Posts: 2408
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby Tazzi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:53 pm

Pulled mine apart to verify, does not have anything coming off of pin9 for GM UART.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:38 am

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby Gampy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:43 pm

Where's the pics ??

The1 wrote:I was just using that tool to poke the driver capability.
That's my point, it does not poke the driver, it just looks in the registry and accepts what ever is there.

It is easily modified to check each protocol listed in the registry against the driver to see if it is supported ... but as released it does not do that except by trying to 'Connect' with each protocol manually.
Windows 10 is like an off idle flat spot ... It stumbles when it's time to go!

User avatar
Posts: 2408
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: VXDiag VCX Nano

Postby Tazzi » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:19 am

Gampy wrote:Where's the pics ??

I did take a couple, will transfer them to the computer today to upload :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest