J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Post by Tazzi »

gjestico wrote:Thanks Tazzi, I very much appreciate that. I deleted the old wrapper in that location and substituted yours, And I was able to get farther than i have before, All the way to this :
Yes I am using a bench harness. Hitting ok on that window sends everything back to square Zero.
SPS will have a hissy if you are using a bench setup, have to have multiple parts of the car otherwise it wont allow you to progress further.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

So at the very least one would need a BCM and IPC to go along with the PCM/ECM?

Mike
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

MudDuck514 wrote:So at the very least one would need a BCM and IPC to go along with the PCM/ECM?

Mike
Depends on the vehicle.
Personally I permanently have:
- ECM
- BCM
- Cluster
- BCM
- Radio/Screen/HMI
- EBCM
- Typically TCM also
gjestico
cars: Various LS swap junk

Post by gjestico »

Phew. So much for a simple bench harness eh ? Never as easy as it looks in youtube vids. Holley is looking like a better option at this point.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

gjestico wrote:Phew. So much for a simple bench harness eh ? Never as easy as it looks in youtube vids. Holley is looking like a better option at this point.
My full time job is reverse engineering modules, so I tend to hand plenty on there while simulating all sorts of things. I believe some people do get away with less modules, but mine works fine being setup like this.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

try choosing a different manufacturer. sometimes it lets me in if i choose Chev instead of Holden
gjestico

Post by gjestico »

Well I had read on another forum that the presence of a BCM with the low speed serial data line connected to Pin1 of the DLC would allow the programming. So I got ahold of a BCM and wired it up bare bones power and ground and data on connector X3 but no worky still.
Antoher fun fact ? Even though the GM system denies you off board programming, It still takes the VIN off whatever ECU you have connected and assigns it to an empty VIN slot you have paid for. So now I have 2 paid slots with the same VIN in their system.
This is all using a clone MDI2.

All this just to get the T56 reverse lockout working as factory on a friends car. Im going to tell him to connect the lockout to the horn button circuit I think. Extra safe that way.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

gjestico wrote:Well I had read on another forum that the presence of a BCM with the low speed serial data line connected to Pin1 of the DLC would allow the programming. So I got ahold of a BCM and wired it up bare bones power and ground and data on connector X3 but no worky still.
Antoher fun fact ? Even though the GM system denies you off board programming, It still takes the VIN off whatever ECU you have connected and assigns it to an empty VIN slot you have paid for. So now I have 2 paid slots with the same VIN in their system.
This is all using a clone MDI2.

All this just to get the T56 reverse lockout working as factory on a friends car. Im going to tell him to connect the lockout to the horn button circuit I think. Extra safe that way.
Did you hook up the high speed lines of the BCM as well?? BCM is programmed thru high speed so I am pretty sure any calibration or vin checks is done on high speed for the BCM..
gjestico

Post by gjestico »

Yes I connected the high speed can lines (circ 2500,2501?) to the BCM also.
TiltedFish
cars: 1997 Chevrolet Camaro z28
1999 Chevrolet Corvette

Post by TiltedFish »

gjestico wrote:Thanks Tazzi, I very much appreciate that. I deleted the old wrapper in that location and substituted yours, And I was able to get farther than i have before, All the way to this :
Yes I am using a bench harness. Hitting ok on that window sends everything back to square Zero.
I am having this exact same issue with mdi 2 clone. Using tis2web I don't get the device manager pop-up to select mdi device, but mdi manager does detect the unit.

I have downloaded the old wrapper files and put them in the correct location in program files directory but doesn't make a difference. Was there any additional steps you did? I'm pretty sure the new wrapper version is blocking the clones. Might try changing the serial number and see if that makes a difference.