J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
Posts: 2424
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby Tazzi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:05 pm

gjestico wrote:Thanks Tazzi, I very much appreciate that. I deleted the old wrapper in that location and substituted yours, And I was able to get farther than i have before, All the way to this :
Yes I am using a bench harness. Hitting ok on that window sends everything back to square Zero.


SPS will have a hissy if you are using a bench setup, have to have multiple parts of the car otherwise it wont allow you to progress further.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:30 am
Location: TX USA

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby MudDuck514 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:53 am

So at the very least one would need a BCM and IPC to go along with the PCM/ECM?

Mike

User avatar
Posts: 2424
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby Tazzi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:42 am

MudDuck514 wrote:So at the very least one would need a BCM and IPC to go along with the PCM/ECM?

Mike

Depends on the vehicle.
Personally I permanently have:
- ECM
- BCM
- Cluster
- BCM
- Radio/Screen/HMI
- EBCM
- Typically TCM also
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby gjestico » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:42 am

Phew. So much for a simple bench harness eh ? Never as easy as it looks in youtube vids. Holley is looking like a better option at this point.

User avatar
Posts: 2424
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: WA

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby Tazzi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:36 pm

gjestico wrote:Phew. So much for a simple bench harness eh ? Never as easy as it looks in youtube vids. Holley is looking like a better option at this point.

My full time job is reverse engineering modules, so I tend to hand plenty on there while simulating all sorts of things. I believe some people do get away with less modules, but mine works fine being setup like this.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Site:www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image

Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:28 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby julespatch » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:15 pm

try choosing a different manufacturer. sometimes it lets me in if i choose Chev instead of Holden

Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby gjestico » Sun May 02, 2021 10:16 am

Well I had read on another forum that the presence of a BCM with the low speed serial data line connected to Pin1 of the DLC would allow the programming. So I got ahold of a BCM and wired it up bare bones power and ground and data on connector X3 but no worky still.
Antoher fun fact ? Even though the GM system denies you off board programming, It still takes the VIN off whatever ECU you have connected and assigns it to an empty VIN slot you have paid for. So now I have 2 paid slots with the same VIN in their system.
This is all using a clone MDI2.

All this just to get the T56 reverse lockout working as factory on a friends car. Im going to tell him to connect the lockout to the horn button circuit I think. Extra safe that way.

Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby ironduke » Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 pm

gjestico wrote:Well I had read on another forum that the presence of a BCM with the low speed serial data line connected to Pin1 of the DLC would allow the programming. So I got ahold of a BCM and wired it up bare bones power and ground and data on connector X3 but no worky still.
Antoher fun fact ? Even though the GM system denies you off board programming, It still takes the VIN off whatever ECU you have connected and assigns it to an empty VIN slot you have paid for. So now I have 2 paid slots with the same VIN in their system.
This is all using a clone MDI2.

All this just to get the T56 reverse lockout working as factory on a friends car. Im going to tell him to connect the lockout to the horn button circuit I think. Extra safe that way.


Did you hook up the high speed lines of the BCM as well?? BCM is programmed thru high speed so I am pretty sure any calibration or vin checks is done on high speed for the BCM..

Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:18 am

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Postby gjestico » Mon May 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Yes I connected the high speed can lines (circ 2500,2501?) to the BCM also.

Previous

Return to Tools

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests